The actual monthly salary varies depending on your teaching experience: but will be in the region of $4000-4500 a month.On top of this you will get the added spouse allowance, children s allowance and bonus: as I mentioned in my earlier post. And also as previously mentioned, you will get your rent paid up to the value of #1800 dollars a month, which will get you a very good standard of property in the Bruneian rental market.

In pounds this would work out at around about 3000 a month, plus your bonus (around 8000 pounds) at the end of your contract. You will also get a generous travel allowance at the end of every contract, and be looked after by a thoroughly professional company.

Granted, Brunei is not for everyone, but in our experience it is a very safe and friendly country, where there is the opportunity to enjoy a quality of life that you could only dream of in the UK.

If you are interested, or know anybody who might be interested, please get in touch, and we will provide you with any more information that you should require.

I would just like to add that your children will have very subsidised fees at Brunei International School, and that there is a thriving expat community here, many of whom are in mixed race marriages (Asian and European). It is a genuinely excellent opportunity, and flights to Manila take about 2 hours and are incredibly cheap.

Obviously do your research, but don't believe all the negativity about Brunei-per capita it is the fifth richest nation in the world...nowhere is perfect, but it is a nice place.

All the best
M