Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
I've read somewhere that if a British man will get his CNI from UK, he has to wait for ten days whilst he is in UK then he can bring it here,submit to British embassy, wait for ten days then it will be released, then apply for marriage license, then 15 days again. That's why my fiancé and I thought that he needs to stay here for 25 days just to get married here, and we just decided to have our wedding in UK because it's impossible for him to stay here that long
Not correct Jen.
To secure a UK CNI from the registry office you have to give Notice of Marriage .
This notice will be posted for public viewing and provided nobody has raised any objection the CNI (Certificate of No Impediment) is then issued 21 clear calendar days after the notice was first posted.

There's no 10 day waiting for the Embassy to issue the local version.......it's provided there and then at the Embassy appointment. It's immediately valid and can be used to apply marriage licence.
The waiting time for Marriage Licence is 10 days.

Watch this thread for the Embassy response to Slip as to whether or not a UK issued CNI remains a mandatory requirement or just the oath/affirmation.

normally takes 21 days.
This is notice of marriage and is called the marriage bans