Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
FAO Brian & Noreen

Hi, folks ... I have received your personal message on my profile. ... I'm afraid Moderators are not empowered to grant access to the Private Messaging facility - which, due to its misuse in the past - is currently no longer available to members who've not yet attained 'Respected' status. Nor, unfortunately, does there seem to be a Message Box into which a reply can be typed on your page.

However, all is not lost! ... I'd like to draw your attention to an extremely helpful thread compiled on the 11th of last month by my friend and co-Moderator, Terpe, in the wake of the recent changes. Entitled: 'All New *Guide - How to Apply for Spouse and Partner Visas', it is, as its *name implies, a step by step guide to the process.

Scroll down to the sub-heading: 'How Much Income do I need to have?' Then ... refer to the 4th paragraph which states clearly that "Promises of Third Party Support cannot, any longer, be counted towards financial requirements".

Disappointing for many, I know ... ... but, it would appear that, for now at least, applicants' "hands are tied" in this respect.
thanks for the information sir