Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
LOL, having said that the UK and IOM are quite similar in this area, it looks like there is a clause in the IOM blurb that says that Child Benefit isn't payable if one is subject to "Immigration Control" and that includes "no recourse to public funds" being stamped in ones passport. So that appears to preclude my wife from claiming child benefit on our offspring.

Am I correct in saying that the husband can claim child benefit in the UK, instead of the wife?
If it is a condition of the visa that there is 'No Recourse to Public Funds' then that is applicable only to the person named in the passport.

Child benefit may be claimed by anyone who is responsible for a child. "You do not need to be the parent of the child and you may be able to get Child Benefit even if the child does not live with you. Only one person can receive Child Benefit for a child."

I don't have any knowledge about IOM benefit rules, but I suspect you may have misread something. I cannot imagine that Child Benefit would be withheld from you.
As with the rest of UK it's you and not your wife who would be eligible in making the claim.