Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target £30, So far £0 (0%)


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Respected Member mhynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    43

    schengen visa from italy or spain embassy?

    ive heard not so good stories about the fuzziness of the french embassy so was just thinking about just going to italy or spain with my husband for our first wedding anniversary..

    just wondering if anyone has any experience lodging their application for a schengen visa from the italian or spanish embassy?

    just wondering which one is easier.. and what are the requirements..



  2. #2
    Respected Member alicat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    937
    Rep Power
    45
    i just get my schengen visa last friday,its 4 weeks processing
    i think spanish embassy is much easier.
    www.conspalon.org/ try that website..


  3. #3
    Respected Member misscarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Taguig/Warrington UK
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    ive heard not so good stories about the fuzziness of the french embassy so was just thinking about just going to italy or spain with my husband for our first wedding anniversary..

    just wondering if anyone has any experience lodging their application for a schengen visa from the italian or spanish embassy?

    just wondering which one is easier.. and what are the requirements..
    Hello Ate Mhyne,

    i have found this link , u will get alot of info's regarding to schengen

    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=7036

    hope it helps. Ingat


    "You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "


  4. #4
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,021
    Rep Power
    150
    i'm sure you could take her to Switzerland and maybe HK if she has ILR, without applying for any sort of visa.

    so if your interested check with the swiss embassy

    you will not have ILR if you've only been married a year


  5. #5
    Respected Member A_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i'm sure you could take her to Switzerland and maybe HK if she has ILR, without applying for any sort of visa.
    Joe, Switzerland ... only till Nowember 1, after Schengen visa required.
    See here: http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.ph...84&postcount=1
    Best regards.
    Yves


  6. #6
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,021
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    Joe, Switzerland ... only till Nowember 1, after Schengen visa required.
    See here: http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.ph...84&postcount=1
    yes i wasn't sure if it still was or wasn't, thats why i said check with the embassy..

    why doesn't the uk do what switzerland did and stay out of the eec, but get all the benefits thou

    its was your post , come to think of it i remember now


  7. #7
    Respected Member A_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    ive heard not so good stories about the fuzziness of the french embassy so was just thinking about just going to italy or spain with my husband for our first wedding anniversary..

    just wondering if anyone has any experience lodging their application for a schengen visa from the italian or spanish embassy?

    just wondering which one is easier.. and what are the requirements..
    You may have to adjust your trip, the Schengen rules for choosing the country where to request the visa are the following:
    1) If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that particular country. You apply at the Embassy or Consulate responsible for the state where you live.
    2) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your main destination.
    3) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your first point of entry.
    Best regards.
    Yves


  8. #8
    Respected Member A_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    why doesn't the uk do what switzerland did and stay out of the eec, but get all the benefits thou
    Tssssssssssssssssssss....
    Best regards.
    Yves


  9. #9
    Respected Member mhynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    43
    thanks for your overwhelming responses... =)
    im currently on my FLR visa still and it expires dec 2010 so i think that is fine.. and we plan to go to italy now and i might just submit my reqs to the italian embassy.
    although i have one quick question... it does say on the requirements that i need to submit my marriage certificate and that they might ask for it to be certified by the embassy...

    Do I need to get it certified still by the Phil embassy in London? Or they never really ask to get it done.. Cause i noticed with the posts from before (correct me if im wrong) regarding the schengen visa most people just submitted the NSO marriage certificate from the Philippines....


  10. #10
    Respected Member A_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    54
    I think it may depend where the marriage was done (in the Philippines or abroad).
    Best regards.
    Yves


  11. #11
    Respected Member mhynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    43
    I was married in the philippines sis yves...


  12. #12
    Respected Member A_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    1,063
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    I was married in the philippines sis yves...
    Some European Embassies request the Red Ribbon for Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate, that's why they may ask a certification from your Embassy (to be checked with the Italian Embassy).
    Best regards.
    Yves


  13. #13
    andypaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    london well away from those people up norf
    Posts
    4,932
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    thanks for your overwhelming responses... =)
    im currently on my FLR visa still and it expires dec 2010 so i think that is fine.. and we plan to go to italy now and i might just submit my reqs to the italian embassy.
    although i have one quick question... it does say on the requirements that i need to submit my marriage certificate and that they might ask for it to be certified by the embassy...

    Do I need to get it certified still by the Phil embassy in London? Or they never really ask to get it done.. Cause i noticed with the posts from before (correct me if im wrong) regarding the schengen visa most people just submitted the NSO marriage certificate from the Philippines....
    The wife went to the italian embassy and was at first told she would be charged extra as her marriage cert was not stamped by the embassy. but the Wife then later was told oh its ok after speaking to another memeber of the staff. She said this is what she used for here British visa.

    If you need the schgen visa in a hurry and not have to rush between buckingham palace road and traflgar sq (nice walk if you take the palace and park route) maybe worth seeing if you get away with it just being NSO stamped ( i think it helps with Phill docs as they are in Enlish while some other countries are not so the embassy can not read what it actually says)

    Italian embassy the Wife said was far easier and nicer people the guy on the door very friendly hang on i wrote about it a the time why am i typing again


    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....italian+schgen


  14. #14
    Respected Member mhynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    43
    thats a good idea, andypaul.. i might give that a try and see if i can just try to get away with my NSO marriage cert.. to be honest even if i pay 23 quid to the italian embassy i think it will be fine.. instead of me coming back and forth to london picking up documents etc which would cost more bec of the expensive train tickets... haayyy...


  15. #15
    andypaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    london well away from those people up norf
    Posts
    4,932
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post
    thats a good idea, andypaul.. i might give that a try and see if i can just try to get away with my NSO marriage cert.. to be honest even if i pay 23 quid to the italian embassy i think it will be fine.. instead of me coming back and forth to london picking up documents etc which would cost more bec of the expensive train tickets... haayyy...
    exactly and its a few quid to ring up the booking service.

    23 pounds is worth saving all the hassle and your vauable time.

    Warnig it may have gone up like everything since


  16. -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Schengen visa for Italy
    By Leen in forum European Immigration & VISA Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 1st February 2013, 13:05
  2. Visa for Spain or Italy - Do I need one?
    By Filipino in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th July 2010, 20:46
  3. Schengen visa for family member to visit Spain
    By johncar54 in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th July 2009, 10:12
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd May 2009, 09:55
  5. Residence Visa for Spain / Schengen Area
    By johncar54 in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th April 2009, 09:32

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum