Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I have just downloaded an application form for a Schengen Visa and the form states that spouses of EU citizens do not need to answer questions about:
Employment,
Dates of travel,
Address of Hotel,
Financial means.
In theory the application should be straightforward but this does not seem to be the experience of several people posting on this board.
What have I missed has anyone obtained a Visa without this information which according to the form is surplus to requirements?

Jimbo
Legally you shouldn't need to put down employment details, travel or finacial means. But as i posted my wife was asked its best to put down you intend to travel to hotel x on the dates of so and so. But request the full six month 90 day visa as most seem to get even if only traveling for a few days.
I think its a case of humouring them, everytime i go past the embassy ( which i do quite often thoughout the year) there is a long queue. So i guess the staff are pretty hassled.

It may be simply much easier for them to enter the details into the computer who knows.

The application is fairly straightforward, takes a bit of time if you have to make the trip to the embassy.

If the Wife does not work simply put homeworker/housewife, cant affect your application. But as i said before might be just the computer requires the field filling in.

We took bank statments and Travel insurance as we had them and didn't want to take any chances but they were not asked for.