Having just had a fantastic driving holiday leaving Derby and travelling to the Lochs of Scotland then over to Edinburgh, then back to Derbyshire and touring the Debyshire dales, I have come across a few cyclists on my travels.

Now I class myself as a very good driver, and being a cyclist and a motorbike rider, I do give these folk a wide berth and try to think what they may do next like pulling out to avoid potholes and so on, and with the tour of Yorkshire and the tour of France, there seems to be more of the older person going out on their new very fast bikes and dressed in their Lycra, but when you are stuck behind one they can cause mayhem.

The other day I was behind a few cars who were trying to get past this older gent who was flying down this road and each car was giving a wide berth as they went past but it did take a lot of time. We came to a pedestrian crossing with people waiting to cross and the cars stopped but he did not, so again, it was everyone trying to past him. Then we came to an island, and as most cars were turning left, this cyclist tried to undercut everyone but the car that was just setting off, cut the corner a little and "CRASH". Yes, the bike ran into the back of the car, no one injured but this cyclist blew up blaming the car driver and shouting how car drivers are wa--kers and so on.

I had to voice my thoughts to this bloke who should have known better as he was looking for some sort of backing for his claim maybe. Well he got both barrels, TW-T, and I think every driver in the trail that was trying to get past him agreed.

Maybe with so many cyclists on our very busy roads now, there should be some sort of road tax as they have the same rights as others who drive vehicles on the roads.