Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bit of a messy conundrum.

My nephew just had his baby this week,a little girl apart from not being able to attend the birth in the delivery room (hospital protocol apparently) all is good,my sis is there,loves the kid,not too impressed with mandaue but as she said she is there for the child not the scenery so all is hunky-dory'ish
    My nephews girlfriends mum is a single parent,no shame in that,she has tattoos on her legs,slightly unusual for a middle aged Filipina but still no great shakes,anyway my sis arrived there on Thursday and discovered the family are a little hmmnnnn shall we be diplomatic and say "different" She has found the girls father has been in prison for the last 5 years because the police "planted" shabu on him (I did tell my sis its better he has been on holiday for 5 years as if he was on the streets when duterte harry was voted in he would be pushing up daisies by now).
    Anyway my sis got their on Thursday and found the tattoo'd lady had quit her job the day prior as her boss was unreasonable and wouldn't let her have lunch when she wanted so she is about to have a grand child and decides to quit her job ASAP because her boss doesn't understand how important lunch times are
    My sis has rented an apartment and my nephews girlfriends 7 year old brother has been told to stay with her to look after my sis,my sis is tired,she wants to spend time with the new grandchild now she finds herself babysitting a 7 year old as theres no food at his home,no TV etc,thats ok'ish I suppose.
    Today my nephews girlfriend said "Next week my mum wants to go to manila to look for work (no beautician jobs in Cebu?)and she wants to leave my brother with me while she works there" so now the girl will have her own brand new baby AND her brother to look after while the mother who has no cash whatsoever and cant pay this months rent somehow gets to manila from Cebu,finances herself till she finds a job,and still finances her son and another daughter
    Ahhhhh yes,the other daughter,glad I remembered her how could I forget her 17 years old,all the latest gadgets and clothes,doesnt work,doesnt study,doesnt do much at all really BUT she does dress provocatively on facebook and wherever else she is,likes drinking in bars,and has a smidgeon under 3000 FOLLOWERS on facebook the majority of whom appear to be western gentlemen of quite advanced years who I can only surmise take a paternal interest in her welfare and well-being

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Crikey, family.....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Crikey, family.....
    His girlfriends very very pretty,but I think my nephew has seriously f****d up somewhere down the line,he isn't a cow but he better face up to the fact he is going to be milked he always told me he was streetwise

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

It can happen to the best of us,
    Your sister has to stand firm , but who are we to say.

I can think of one way she could earn a living in Manila, or slightly North of Manila One thing that i found on my recent tour of Phills is that there is work around whatever place i visited, okay maybe not the well paid kind, but at least its work.

I have seen thousands of GRO's in the past month 'arry she would be in the bottom 5% she is maybe 40 with a face that's seen better days,she wouldn't be first pickings for guys on the market for short-term love for sale put it that way
    theres problems on my sons pinoy side of the family also,an equally messy conundrum,but at least its over property worth roughly 90 million pesos

Well 90 Million Php is worthwhile getting messy over, Tattoed legs certainly aint, and as for 17 years old and showing off everything to all and sundry, well she had best use those looks wisely while she still has them, as we all know getting in with the wrong ones at that age, then life can quickly go downhill, and bring a lifetime of problems..

Respected Member
    Ah, nothing as important as family though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Ah, nothing as important as family though right?
    I cant help but feel its all going to end rather messily,my nephew has given his girlfriend the money twice so far to apply for her passport,both times she hasnt and spent the cash on something else the odd thing is he had dozens of girlfriends in cebu,nurses,students,accountant,engineer then one day like a bad joke he walked into a bar,the girls super pretty but theres a void between her ears OH well whats the old saying sex in haste repent at leisure or something along those lines

When I lived in LOS I was told on many occasions by long time residents not to buy just 'rent'....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    When I lived in LOS I was told on many occasions by long time residents not to buy just 'rent'....
    Why buy a cow when you can milk it for free

The tattoo'd lady and her daughter and son who are living in an apartment rented originally for my nephews girlfriend and child have told my nephews girlfriend she should dump him as he "isn't sending enough money" the money he sends is supposed to be for his girlfriend and child while his childs brit passport is sorted out,he is back in London working nights on the railways,the tattoo'd mother in law has decided she will look after my nephews child while my nephews girlfriend goes back to work to provide for the mother,daughter,and son while my nephew provides for the girlfriend and child,confused?Why cant anything in these odd Filipino predicaments be common-sense?Anyway,tattoo'd lady has said dump my nephew,i wonder where she would live then? Freeloader

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Certainly a mess that needs cleaning up

My first thought when my sis told me was........................I wonder if the Philippines has a version of the Jeremy Kyle show

Cant help but feel this is all going to end badly, especially if the Tattooed lady has her way, is there anyway you can try to help sort this/her out Tawi ?.

I am keeping my distance Harry I could write a book on similar convoluted twisting and turning messy relationships,anyone who has spent time in the PI could do the same,its my nephews mess sadly,but once his girlfriend and child are here in the UK he is closing the PI door,he is half thai and has an apartment in Bangkok and a family farm in the north of LOS so if they want an Asian holiday it will most certainly be in LOS I don't think the tattoo'd lady or her strange drunken teenage daughter will be good influences for a small girl as she is growing

My nephew's kid's British Passport application is in Liverpool undergoing processing. He is going to Cebu in October. He wants to bring his kid back to the UK using her Brit passport and also his girlfriend using her Flip passport. The proposed UK visit is for a month. The girlfriend is working full-time in Cebu thanks to the tattood lazy-lady. Is a visitor's visa for his girlfriend the best route to go down? Mucho obrigado in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My nephew's kid's British Passport application is in Liverpool undergoing processing. He is going to Cebu in October. He wants to bring his kid back to the UK using her Brit passport and also his girlfriend using her Flip passport. The proposed UK visit is for a month. The girlfriend is working full-time in Cebu thanks to the tattood lazy-lady. Is a visitor's visa for his girlfriend the best route to go down? Mucho obrigado in advance.
    Is there any other option? Fiancee visa would be expensive but worth considering. Whichever he goes for, just make sure they dot all the I's and cross all the T's. Don't give them any opportunity to turn her down..

I will tell him that Harry, ta. He is of the opinion that she won't be denied a visitors visa as her/his daughter will have a British Passport, but as we all know, "they" don't give a tuppenny damn for the opinions of those applying.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    She may have a difficulty of getting a visit visa. Her being the mother of a British child may give the UKBA an idea that she might not go back to the Philippines when her visit visa runs out. I mean they might think that if your nephew suddenly decides to stay permanently in the UK with the kid, she has a big probability of staying here permanently as well even if her visa constricts it. So it is always better to go for a settlement (fiancee) visa with their situation.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Tawi, tell your nephew that by applying for a visitor's visa, it wont be a formality. Example: Not only will they want to know that she has got a job, they will require supporting letters to that effect. They will want to see wage slips supporting it, they will want to see Bank statements showing that she has funds for the trip. On top of that, they will want to see supporting letters saying that she has been granted leave for the visit from her employer. They will want to see proof of where she lives, and details of her parents and family. The list is endless.

I have been refused before on the granted leave from the employer basis. It's not easy to get from an employer as it's inconvenient for the employer to get cover. Also, Rayna raises some very valid points, which is why I also mentioned it may be worth considering the Fiancee visa option, as they DON'T have to get married here. It's just another visa option.

An immmigration lawyer once told me that a fiancee visa was easier to get than a visitors visa. What does that say?

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    An immmigration lawyer once told me that a fiancee visa was easier to get than a visitors visa. What does that say?
    He could very well be right Jamie .

Hmnnn, food for thought. As for fiancée visitor's visa being easier than visitors, I knew one lady, met her years ago, fantastic woman, very unusual character for a Filipina. Anyway, suddenly she turned up on here. Turned out she had met a British guy. She didn't work, she got two visitors visas and came to the UK. Mind you, her boyfriend was also a very unusual character, worked for the government. They are married now.

You've got more tales to tell than Uncle Albert, Tawi!

Her bf worked for the government? It's not what you know, it's who you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    You've got more tales to tell than Uncle Albert, Tawi!!
    Maybe, just maybe because I used to get around quite a bit. If you check back a couple of years there were 2 ladies, both forum members, who used to be in relationships with guys who were unusual. One was the lady I mentioned, I knew her before she or I became a forum member. The other was a lady I never met but knew her husband who works in counter-terrorism but did something before that. There's a post somewhere that she asks did I meet her husband in GCHQ AKA the doughnut; I didn't. I met him long before that. I went for a very nice meal yesterday, Thai, in the restaurant under Kingston Bridge. The young waiter is a Filipino studying architecture in Kingston Uni, and originally from Pangasinan. I also bumped into John Altman yesterday. AKA Nasty Nick Cotton, he used to be in EastEnders. Had a chat with him, so there's another tale for ya! I like interacting with people, and can be a gregarious people person when I want to be.

Hmnnn, food for thought. As for fiancée visitor's visa being easier than visitors, I knew one lady, met her years ago, fantastic woman, very unusual character for a Filipina. Anyway, suddenly she turned up on here. Turned out she had met a British guy. She didn't work, she got two visitors visas and came to the UK.
    'd be Queenie ... username, 'Queen Bee'! She was a fairly prolific poster on here for around a couple of years - from 2009 to 2011 - during which time, each of the two Visit Visas you're referring to were, I've reason to believe, financed by her wealthy parents, the father being a lawyer, if I remember correctly.

Mind you, her boyfriend was also a very unusual character
    And, as you've already mentioned, so too, was she!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    'd be Queenie ... username, 'Queen Bee'! She was a fairly prolific poster on here for a couple of years - from 2009 to 2011 - during which time, each of the two Visit Visas you're referring to were, I've reason to believe, financed by her wealthy parents. the father being a lawyer, if I remember correctly.
    Mind you, her boyfriend was also a very unusual character
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    And, as you've already mentioned, so, too was she!
    Nope, wasn't Queen Bee

Rayna?

Nope, it's not a game of guess-who-it-was. It's there if you search for it. Just saying I have been around a bit. I once posted another forum member's school photo, showing her favourite teacher. I hadn't met her, but I do know her friends back in their small town. I don't have tales, I have had experiences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information