Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target 75, So far 0 (0%)


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 49 of 49
  1. #31
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,001
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... GREAT photo of Mercedes and Geoffrey, Graham; so natural looking!
    I'll agree with you on that Arthur; in fact, Graham has really struck gold meeting up with Mercedes, lucky chappie.


  2. #32
    Trusted Member grahamw48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,678
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I'll agree with you on that Arthur; in fact, Graham has really struck gold meeting up with Mercedes, lucky chappie.
    Haha.... cheers guys .... but what about the nice paint job I did on the new walls ?



    .
    Here's junior yesterday... watching his cousins receiving their school awards, etc:


    .
    Attached Images Attached Images


  3. #33
    Member yulie & jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Branson Mo
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    You've given me new impetus to go back on them. I have come across a few from the rural areas, but they tend to chat very little during a conversation so it's quite difficult. Maybe their English isn't as good as some.
    Yeah, most of the province girls are very shy and also they are not used to having conversation with English people so they don't really know how to communicate with them. But they understand English okay. Just be patient with them. While the city girls can communicate with you pretty well, because they talk to foreigners often.


  4. #34
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,001
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Haha.... cheers guys .... but what about the nice paint job I did on the new walls ?

    .
    Here's junior yesterday... watching his cousins receiving their school awards, etc:


    .
    The paint job is nice and bright, the little fella is looking handsome, how old is he now Graham?


  5. #35
    Trusted Member grahamw48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,678
    Rep Power
    150
    Thanks Michael.

    He'll be 3 years old this coming August.


  6. #36
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,001
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Thanks Michael.

    He'll be 3 years old this coming August.
    Beautiful child.


  7. #37
    Trusted Member grahamw48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,678
    Rep Power
    150
    Thanks Michael. I hope you and your family are fine too.


  8. #38
    Respected Member Harry T's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    Ipil Is not so bad Actually now a days I don't think Mindanao is safe for you guys it used to be safe. I mean not safe safe but okay. But now Its totally gone.
    Yulie i beg to differ, Okay maybe Mindanao is not so safe as other parts of the Philippines, but its not dangerous, I have been in central Mindanao (Bukidnon) since early last November without any problem whatsoever, My Fiancee lives up in the Mountains ie La Roxas, and i love it up there, much cooler .
    Jamie i would suggest you take a visit to Maramag, I can suggest a nice Hotel, and a few eating houses, hire yourself a Motorbike, and get yourself off up to the mountain villages its a different way of life up there.


  9. #39
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Yulie i beg to differ, Okay maybe Mindanao is not so safe as other parts of the Philippines, but its not dangerous, I have been in central Mindanao (Bukidnon) since early last November without any problem whatsoever, My Fiancee lives up in the Mountains ie La Roxas, and i love it up there, much cooler .
    Jamie i would suggest you take a visit to Maramag, I can suggest a nice Hotel, and a few eating houses, hire yourself a Motorbike, and get yourself off up to the mountain villages its a different way of life up there.
    Funny you should mention Maramag as I was speaking to a Pinay off a dating site from there a few years ago - albeit for about five minutes. Hurry up and get the paperwork done so we can be together was the rallying cry so I hurried up and canceled my membership. Not what you want to hear at such an early stage.

    Thanks for the tip but if I were to go to mainland Mindanao I'd probably head in the direction of Bislig.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  10. #40
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Ipil was in the mid 1990s when I was there, the town had just been attacked by Abu Sayyaf
    Was reading earlier on another forum about this westerner who visited Ipil last year - the home town of his wife. He was advised by the family to report to the local Police Station which he did. Throughout his stay he was either escorted or followed by the police for his own safety. He was warned politely by locals to get out of Ipil too.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  11. #41
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    10,001
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Was reading earlier on another forum about this westerner who visited Ipil last year - the home town of his wife. He was advised by the family to report to the local Police Station which he did. Throughout his stay he was either escorted or followed by the police for his own safety. He was warned politely by locals to get out of Ipil too.
    Mmmmm


  12. #42
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Mmmmm
    Sceptical eh Parns?

    By the way were you aware someone you know carries a piece while using the bus on the Zamboanga peninsula.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  13. #43
    Member yulie & jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Branson Mo
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    You've given me new impetus to go back on them. I have come across a few from the rural areas, but they tend to chat very little during a conversation so it's quite difficult. Maybe their English isn't as good as some.
    When are you going back to the Philippines?


  14. #44
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    When are you going back to the Philippines?
    I was meant to go in February then May and now November. 2018 has been slightly chaotic for me so far. Hopefully it'll calm down so I can enjoy the finer things of life.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  15. #45
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    I've given you some rep (reputation) for this thread Yulie and also for your contribution as a newbie.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  16. #46
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Some loon has just run amok in Zamboanga del Norte by hacking five people to death.

    http://www.business-standard.com/art...1500728_1.html
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  17. #47
    Member yulie & jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Branson Mo
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I've given you some rep (reputation) for this thread Yulie and also for your contribution as a newbie.
    Thank you Jamie.

    Well goodluck on your next vacation in the Philippines. Just be careful of some zombies there hehe.


  18. #48
    Member yulie & jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Branson Mo
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Yulie i beg to differ, Okay maybe Mindanao is not so safe as other parts of the Philippines, but its not dangerous, I have been in central Mindanao (Bukidnon) since early last November without any problem whatsoever, My Fiancee lives up in the Mountains ie La Roxas, and i love it up there, much cooler .
    Jamie i would suggest you take a visit to Maramag, I can suggest a nice Hotel, and a few eating houses, hire yourself a Motorbike, and get yourself off up to the mountain villages its a different way of life up there.
    I bet it is more safe in Bukidnon than where I am from, hehe.


  19. #49
    Respected Member Ako Si Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,047
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by yulie & jeff View Post
    Thank you Jamie.

    Well goodluck on your next vacation in the Philippines. Just be careful of some zombies there hehe.
    No need to worry Yulie, security guards in the Philippines are usually harmless.
    <<<< Me at the Taal Volcano in Tagaytay (November 2013). On this particularly visit to Pinas I arrived in Manila the day after Typhoon Yolanda wreaked havoc further south.


  20. -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What made you want to date or marry a Filipina ?
    By cheekee in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 16:15
  2. Is it a Culture problem? (Help please!)
    By louisdavid in forum Courting, Relationships & Weddings
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 20th August 2014, 13:54
  3. why most filipina chooses to marry a foreigner
    By malditako in forum Loose Talk, Chat and Off Topic
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 13th November 2010, 21:30
  4. Filipina`s marry Belgian farmers.
    By fred in forum Courting, Relationships & Weddings
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28th August 2010, 21:15

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum