These 5 years did go past quite quickly, but on Monday we got the letter saying that we were approved for ILR and Tuesday the wife got her new biometrics card. Great to know that it is all over now.

Two questions for all those guys that are in the know:

Firstly, the new biometrics card has an expiry date on it saying 2024, 6 years from when the wife was granted ILR. Would we just have to reapply for a new card if she was not a British Citizen by then?

Secondly - and most importantly - can we apply for British Citizeship straight way or is the 12 months of ILR still in force? I have read on here that is has been waived now, but on the Government website it is still saying that one of the conditions is that you have had at least 12 months settlement under ILR before applying for Citizenship.

I would like to get everything totally finished off before prices go up again in April if that is possible. We have booked to fly out to the Philippines for a month in late June. If I started the citizenship process now, we would have to give up her passport and biometrics card, but could we get her new British Passport all done and dusted by June if we can apply now? I am not so sure on that front.

Lastly, I must add that this site has over the years made my life a lot easier going through the visa process. I thank everyone that has helped me on the road.

I am still around and will not be leaving this site.