Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Duterte will leave early......

‘I’m Old, I’m Tired’: Duterte Decides To Step Down Early

President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte said Wednesday that he will step down early, dispelling fears that he desires to cling to power indefinitely.

“I am old. I have no more ambition. I really would like to rest,” the 72-year-old president explained, further remarking, “I will step down by 2020, I will not wait for 2022.”

The strongman president known for his tough, bombastic rhetoric has waged a bloody war on drugs that has resulted in thousands of deaths, as well as a crackdown on government corruption. Since he took power almost two years ago, the Philippine president has also engaged communist rebels and radical Muslim militants, hitting them hard on the battlefield in an attempt to quell domestic unrest.
    He has faced criticism at home and abroad for alleged human rights violations in his brutal anti-narcotics campaign, as well as his carefree comments on murder.

Lately, Duterte has come under fire for proposed changes to the constitution that critics claim would clear the way for the president to become a dictator, much like Ferdinand Marcos, who was overthrown by “people power” in the mid-1980s. The president insists the proposal is an attempt to create a federalist system akin to that of the U.S. Duterte has repeatedly stated that he has no plans to lead forever.

“If I overstay and wanted to become a dictator, shoot me, I am not joking,” Duterte told service members during a visit to an army base in January. “It is your job to protect the constitution and to protect the people. Remember, it is your solemn duty.”

His presidential spokesman said at the time that the president has no interest in staying past the end of his term, arguing that he would much rather retire early, yet critics remain concerned about the proposed constitutional changes that could extend the terms of elected officials, as well as Duterte’s alarming similarity to Marcos

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/28/ro...nes-step-down/

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I daresay the man would gladly welcome the opportunity to step aside, since he hadn't even sought the job in the first place. ... as you well know; it was the Philippines *people who clamoured for him to stand for election because they felt he was the ONLY person capable of extricating *their nation from the three long decades of political corruption that followed the EDSA revolution.

Must run in the family Arthur, his son also jumped ship early

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Didn't think he was that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Didn't think he was that old.
    Yep - at 73 later this month - he's fast catching up on moi, agewise! But you can be sure he won't quit whilst Robredo's in a position to take over the helm, ... because the very last thing the Philippines either wants or needs is a return to the bad ol' days of Liberal governance and greed.

Thread Information