Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Look after the pennies, the ££££s look after themselves

Well, after a few phone calls here and there, I have managed to save this coming year on my gas and electric and car insurance too.

Just gone onto Uswitch and have changed my gas and electric supplier from British Gas to British Gas and will be saving £22 a month. Yes, it can go up or down, but it's a cheaper unit rate and standing charges, and it is fixed for 1 whole year too.

The car insurance went up another £56, and after another few phone calls I had managed to get it cheaper than last year - and with the same supplier.

Now it's time to spend all this money I have saved on a holiday.

I have a load of old tenners I need to cash in at the bank

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I have a load of old tenners I need to cash in at the bank
    Get your skates on or post them here.

I have rather a nice amount I was saving in my sock drawer. Going to change them for new ones. I don't think you need anymore cash Steve, your sock drawer must have no room for the socks ££££££££

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I have rather a nice amount I was saving in my sock drawer. Going to change them for new ones. I don't think you need anymore cash Steve, your sock drawer must have no room for the socks ££££££££
    Yer, I wish! It's funny I don't have any cash in the house at all. Sometimes I don't even have a few pennies to rub together, but it's just a quick walk to the ATM or the shops to get some cash.

I actually had some old tenners refused in Canada last week, that's why I have decided to offload them.
    Gave me a bit of a shock when they said those old ten pounds sterling are being discontinued in the UK, That was my wake-up call

Trusted Member
    British Gas (who I WAS with)... hiked up their prices to faithful customers last year.

Hardly a surprise they then lost 10% of their total customers after that. doh !

Am now with EDF, but could have done without the chopping and changing.

Life was simpler when you just went into the Gas or Electric Board showroom and paid your bill every quarter.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    British Gas (who I WAS with)... hiked up their prices to faithful customers last year.

Life was simpler when you just went into the Gas or Electric Board showroom and paid your bill every quarter.
    Yes I agree, miss that really

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

And you could get a new oven on credit that just went on your bill.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    And you could get a new oven on credit that just went on your bill.
    Aye... that's true.

Sunbeam electric frying pan was my big purchase from them (being in a bedsit at the time).

10 or 15 quid in 1972, and it was still going strong out in the Phils in 2004... before I sold it to a friend.

I actually had some old tenners refused in Canada last week, that's why I have decided to offload them.
    Gave me a bit of a shock when they said those old ten pounds sterling are being discontinued in the UK, That was my wake-up call
    ... I wouldn't have thought Canadians were likely to accept English currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... I wouldn't have thought Canadians were likely to accept English currency.
    You don't think they have currency exchanges in Canada Arthur? This is the one, phone them up ask them do they accept UK tenners

http://www.calforex.com/en/locations...ency-exchange/

You don't think they have currency exchanges in Canada Arthur? This is the one, phone them up ask them do they accept UK tenners

http://www.calforex.com/en/locations...ency-exchange/
    So ... ... in fact, it was *at a Bureau de Change the tenners had been refused? You omitted to mention *that!

I didn't think I was going to get questioned over the minutia of the transaction, I simply said I had tenners refused in canada

Thread Information