Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is A2 English language requirement?

Hello everyone!

This is Pamela. Hope someone would help me clarify if I need to take at least A2 English test to apply for FLR. I have A1 cert when I applied for my spouse visa in 2015.

Thank you very much!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    They changed the English requirement for those getting the extension visas or FLR. Technically, your English proficiency should be increasing as the time goes on living here in the UK, hence they want you to have passed an A2 level English test. You can find more details here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._of_intent.pdf

If the test you submitted for your spouse visa is just A1, you need to take a new English test to pass the A2 level. If I were you though, I would rather get a B1 level in English because it will save you getting another English test for ILR and citizenship.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Miss Rayna, my friend is due to apply for ILR next month. Apparently, according to the Citizen's Advice Bureau, she needs to retake another English test, but she already passed the B1 level before she applied for her FLR 2 years ago. Pls enlighten x

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    Hi Miss Rayna, my friend is due to apply for ILR next month. Apparently, according to the Citizen's Advice Bureau, she needs to retake another English test, but she already passed the B1 level before she applied for her FLR 2 years ago. Pls enlighten x

Thanks in advance
    In my opinion B1 is fine for your FLR, I advised my partner to take the B1 simply because she need NOT take another English test for FLR, I hope I was right in advising her to do that, hopefully someone can confirm this.

Thanks in advance
    If the test provider is still included in the approved list, then she doesn't need to retake the test.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Miss Rayna x. It does worry me as well, as I'm due for ILR this Nov��. Also, on my English cert the passport number on there expired already, so I renewed a new one. Do I have to submit the old passport as well?? Thank you so much x

Thanks Miss Rayna x. It does worry me as well, as I'm due for ILR this Nov��. Also, on my English cert the passport number on there expired already, so I renewed a new one. Do I have to submit the old passport as well?? Thank you so much x
    Yes. You should submit all expired passports you used when you migrated to UK. It is stated in Section 11 of the Set(M) form.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information