Well I know the advice is (if you don't have to go out well don't) but I had to get Emma to work which is a journey of around 12 minutes there and 12 minutes back. Well today, after 1 hour, I was still on the road.

There were collisions here and there and frustrated drivers stuck behind drivers doing 10mph, and - talk about trying to go up hills - it would have been easier to ring in sick.

Now I know it can be dangerous driving in snow, and you do have to take your time, but there is going slow and then there is going too slow, but me being a experienced driver, I do try to read the road ahead, trying to keep the car moving and leaving a little extra distance between me and the car in front. One driver tried to pull out in front of me, and changed his mind when his wheels started to spin, but a few minutes later he passed me and then could not stop until he hit the car in front of him. Stupid driver.

We were warned about the snow, but again, where were the council gritters? Hay ho, back home safe and sound, and in a few more hours I shall be back out to collect her from work, but hopefully it should be a little better.