Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

No more Kuwait for Filipino workers

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Certainly makes sense ... !

I can fully understand the reason why they have done this but there are thousands of good employers in Q8 and this action makes everyone suffer, hopefully they can sort it out soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I can fully understand the reason why they have done this but there are thousands of good employers in Q8 and this action makes everyone suffer, hopefully they can sort it out soon....
    ANY case of sexual abuse is one too many in an oil~rich Gulf State whose Stone Age Laws permit its own womenfolk to be treated as little more than chattels. Oh, I daresay there are decent employers in Kuwait ... ... just like like everywhere else. But, as I interpret the link Jamie's provided, the incidents reported would seem to be only "the tip of an extremely slippery iceberg". So WHY take the risk?

Hence Duterte's action.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    My aunt, uncles and cousins work in Kuwait, not domestic helpers though. But my aunt said a lot of Filipinos are complaining about this so-called ban, especially those who have good employers and are already working for years for them. Apparently, this is just for domestic helpers. Plenty of Filipinos on vacation are not allowed by the government to travel back to their employers. My aunt said a lot of the Filipinas she know are now having 2nd thoughts of returning home because of this ban. She said that they don't mind having a ban for the new OFWs coming there to Kuwait but for those who have been working there for years, it becomes a problem and loss of income for them.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Wasn't it not so long ago he was saying he didn't want any Pinoys working anywhere abroad as he was going to create jobs for them in Pinas? That is a pipe dream and totally unworkable in his lifetime.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

The PI survives on remittances, its many families chance at a better life if one or more go abroad to work. Pinas has low wages and limited opportunities, Duterte is meddling with peoples livelihoods.

President Rodrigo Duterte has expressed his desire of ending the cycle of Filipinos leaving the country to work abroad, saying it should no longer be a necessity in the years to come.

Speaking before the Filipino community in Tokyo, Japan Tuesday (Oct. 24), Duterte reiterated his vow to improve the Philippine economy so Filipinos could enjoy a better life.

“Ang pagtatrabaho niyo sa ibang bansa, hanggang diyan na lang. Next generation, Pilipinas na,” he said, earning applause from the audience.

“We have to improve the economy na hindi ka na babalik dito, na kung bumalik ka rito, baka-bakasyon na lang,” he added.

Before leaving for Tokyo earlier in the day, Duterte said he plans to tell Japanese investors that the Philippines is open for business.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Wasn't it not so long ago he was saying he didn't want any Pinoys working anywhere abroad as he was going to create jobs for them in Pinas? That is a pipe dream and totally unworkable in his lifetime.
    ..................................................... O' ye of little faith, ... just "kuwait" 'n' see!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ..................................................... O' ye of little faith, ... just "kuwait" 'n' see!
    I am a realist

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    At last, positive move!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I am a realist
    Oh aye? ... then can I ask what you make of India's pledge to invest $11/4 billion in an arms & warships deal with Manila - which could, in turn, generate 105,000 jobs for the Philippines:

http://manilastandard.net/news/top-s...-warships.html ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Oh aye? ... then can I ask what you make of India's pledge to invest $11/4 billion in an arms & warships deal with Manila - which could, in turn, generate 105,000 jobs for the Philippines:

http://manilastandard.net/news/top-s...-warships.html ...
    I am not making anything of it Arthur,its 6.30am and I am going out for a run,i have better things to do at this time of the morning than read "Could Generate" links just saying duterte harrys pledge to end OFW's is airy fairy pie in the sky

Thread Information