Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Dutertes son resigns as vice-mayor.

Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte resigns .
    MANILA, Philippines (Update 2 4:48 p.m.) — Paolo Duterte, the son of President Rodrigo Duterte who was recently embroiled in a controversy at the Bureau of Customs for allegations that he was involved in the smuggling of illegal drugs in the country, resigned as vice mayor of Davao City Monday.
    In making the announcement, Duterte stunned members of the city of council of Davao City which was meeting just after ferocious blaze devoured a mall and killed more than three dozen people over the weekend.
    Duterte cited allegations of his involvement in the smuggling of billions of crystal methamphetamine, locally known as shabu, and family problems in his decision to relinquish the city's second highest office effective December 25.

"I hereby tender my resignation as vice mayor of Davao City today December 25, 2017," Duterte, the eldest son of the president, told a surprised city council.
    "There are recent unfortunate events in my life that are closely tied to my failed first marriage. These, among others, include the maligning of my reputation in the recent name dropping incident in the Bureau of Customs smuggling case and very public squabble with my daughter," Duterte said
    Subject to president's approval
    Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said that her brother would be on leave as the decision on whether to accept or reject the resignation rested with the office of their father, President Duterte.
    Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

"While awaiting the official acceptance of the resignation, he is on leave from the office of the vice mayor because only the Office of the President can accept the resignation of the vice mayor," she told reporters.
    She said that both the president and she knew of the vice mayor's plan to step down from office, stressing that she supported whatever would make her brother happy.
    Carpio said that once the resignation was accepted by their father Councilor Bernie Al-ag would become the city's vice mayor based on the rules of succession. She added that Paolo's staff would be transferred to the Office of the City Mayor.
    Carpio said that her brother would return to being a private citizen and would spend more time with his family and children.
    "It is not my life where I can do something about it. I can only be here for my brother and support him on whatever his decisions may have," she said.
    A broker who faciliated a P6.4 billion shipment of illegal drugs from China pinned Duterte and his brother-in-law Mans Carpio for their supposed involvement in a group that facilitated smuggling in the Customs Bureau.
    Mark Taguba, a customs fixer, told congressional investigations in August that he had given money to Duterte's group to facilitate his transactions in the government agency, perennially tagged as one of the most corrupt.
    Duterte attended a Senate panel probe into the issue. He however refused to show a supposed tattoo on his back that Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV alleged was proof of his membership in an international criminal syndicate.
    Recently, Duterte had a public spat with his daughter Isabelle after the young Duterte posted critical social media posts about him. The vice mayor took to Facebook to answer his daughter's post, saying that she did not know how to respect, and she was a "disgrace."
    According to Duterte, his parents always reminded him of the value of delicadeza, or sense of propriety. He said that this was one of those moments when he needed to protect his honor and that of his children.
    "I am grateful to all the Dabawenyos for your support to my office, and I look forward to the day that I will be able to serve the country again," he said, keeping open the possibility that he will seek a local, even national, post in the future.
    The vice mayor also expressed sympathies with the families of the victims of the flooding and mudslides caused by Tropical Storm Vinta which left at least 200 people dead and many more missing in Mindanao.
    He also alluded to the tragic death of 37 people in a fire in mall in the city in his resignation, describing this year's Christmas as "difficult" for the people of the city.
    "It is a difficult Christmas day for many Dabawenyos including myself, but we are strong and resilient, and we shall move forward," he said.
    Despite the resignation, the Dutertes will still maintain their domination of Davao City politicA broker who faciliated a P6.4 billion shipment of illegal drugs from China pinned Duterte and his brother-in-law Mans Carpio for their supposed involvement in a group that facilitated smuggling in the Customs Bureau.
    Mark Taguba, a customs fixer, told congressional investigations in August that he had given money to Duterte's group to facilitate his transactions in the government agency, perennially tagged as one of the most corrupt.
    Duterte attended a Senate panel probe into the issue. He however refused to show a supposed tattoo on his back that Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV alleged was proof of his membership in an international criminal syndicate.
    Recently, Duterte had a public spat with his daughter Isabelle after the young Duterte posted critical social media posts about him. The vice mayor took to Facebook to answer his daughter's post, saying that she did not know how to respect, and she was a "disgrace."
    According to Duterte, his parents always reminded him of the value of delicadeza, or sense of propriety. He said that this was one of those moments when he needed to protect his honor and that of his children.
    "I am grateful to all the Dabawenyos for your support to my office, and I look forward to the day that I will be able to serve the country again," he said, keeping open the possibility that he will seek a local, even national, post in the future.
    The vice mayor also expressed sympathies with the families of the victims of the flooding and mudslides caused by Tropical Storm Vinta which left at least 200 people dead and many more missing in Mindanao.
    He also alluded to the tragic death of 37 people in a fire in mall in the city in his resignation, describing this year's Christmas as "difficult" for the people of the city.
    "It is a difficult Christmas day for many Dabawenyos including myself, but we are strong and resilient, and we shall move forward," he said.
    Despite the resignation, the Dutertes will still maintain their domination of Davao City politics as the town's mayor would still be his sister, Duterte-Carpio.s as the town's mayor would still be his sister, Duterte-Carpio.
    http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...uterte-resigns

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Never a dull moment in our beloved... totally crazy Philippines.

It's ok, everything will be swept under the carpet and all will come out squeaky clean

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Yep... usual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte resigns .
    MANILA, Philippines (Update 2 4:48 p.m.) — Paolo Duterte, the son of President Rodrigo Duterte who was recently embroiled in a controversy at the Bureau of Customs for allegations that he was involved in the smuggling of illegal drugs in the country, resigned as vice mayor of Davao City Monday.
    In making the announcement, Duterte stunned members of the city of council of Davao City which was meeting just after ferocious blaze devoured a mall and killed more than three dozen people over the weekend.
    Duterte cited allegations of his involvement in the smuggling of billions of crystal methamphetamine, locally known as shabu, and family problems in his decision to relinquish the city's second highest office effective December 25.

"I hereby tender my resignation as vice mayor of Davao City today December 25, 2017," Duterte, the eldest son of the president, told a surprised city council.
    "There are recent unfortunate events in my life that are closely tied to my failed first marriage. These, among others, include the maligning of my reputation in the recent name dropping incident in the Bureau of Customs smuggling case and very public squabble with my daughter," Duterte said
    Subject to president's approval
    Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio said that her brother would be on leave as the decision on whether to accept or reject the resignation rested with the office of their father, President Duterte.
    Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

"While awaiting the official acceptance of the resignation, he is on leave from the office of the vice mayor because only the Office of the President can accept the resignation of the vice mayor," she told reporters.
    She said that both the president and she knew of the vice mayor's plan to step down from office, stressing that she supported whatever would make her brother happy.
    Carpio said that once the resignation was accepted by their father Councilor Bernie Al-ag would become the city's vice mayor based on the rules of succession. She added that Paolo's staff would be transferred to the Office of the City Mayor.
    Carpio said that her brother would return to being a private citizen and would spend more time with his family and children.
    "It is not my life where I can do something about it. I can only be here for my brother and support him on whatever his decisions may have," she said.
    *A broker who faciliated a P6.4 billion shipment of illegal drugs from China pinned Duterte and his brother-in-law Mans Carpio for their supposed involvement in a group that facilitated smuggling in the Customs Bureau.
    Despite the resignation, the Dutertes will still maintain their domination of Davao City politics

*A broker who faciliated a P6.4 billion shipment of illegal drugs from China pinned Duterte and his brother-in-law Mans Carpio for their supposed involvement in a group that facilitated smuggling in the Customs Bureau.
    Despite the resignation, the Dutertes will still maintain their domination of Davao City politics
    as the town's mayor would still be his sister, Duterte-Carpio.s as the town's mayor would still be his sister, Duterte-Carpio.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/20...uterte-resigns
    Clearly ... the above text of yours has been copied ... ... more or less verbatim from the heavily~biased media link you've provided - and [ inadvertently] duplicated - at those parts I've since emboldened and marked with an asterisk!

Heavily biased? Oh? You have insider knowledge Arthur? Please tell us whats happening as that is reported in several media links, all heavily biased I guess. So what's the real story? All I did was share a link, I am not lying

Here's more including his own daughters reason for the public spat, he physically hurt someone's child

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/955208/...cision-awaited

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2017/...bFXxAd7ghFI.97

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/12/25/1...uterte-resigns

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/...te-resign.html

They all mention the investigation into his triad tattoo and his drug smuggling allegations, maybe they are heavily bias towards the truth

Drama queens

Paolo Duterte, daughter Isabelle quarrel on social media.

The father and daughter, members of President Rodrigo Duterte's family, wash their dirty linen in public

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte's eldest son Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and his granddaughter Isabelle Duterte washed their dirty linen in public, bringing to the fore an apparent longtime rift between father and daughter.

It was Paolo who first decided to publicize his squabble with Isabelle, his daughter, through a post on his official Facebook account admonishing her for allowing herself to be "pimped" by an unknown person.

"Just because you were pimped twice by that person doesn't mean I’ll keep my silence! And that mother of yours and tatay-tatayan (father-like figure) who is not concerned with you – well I'm not like them!" said the Davao City vice mayor in Bisaya.

Paolo also claimed Isabelle had somehow embarrassed herself and that, if she wants, she can just change her family name.

"Change your family name if you want! You don't have respect! You just embarrassed yourself! Get an education so your brain isn't empty. You don't know how to listen anymore because you're famous???

Famous, for what, Belle? Famous for disparaging a father? Just wait for my death so you will be free from me! Pray for it, woman!" said Paolo.

He then went on to say the Duterte family would likely be humiliated by his Facebook post but that this was his way of reaching Isabelle, a millennial always on social media.

"I know all of us will be embarrassed over this post. But this is what you want! Let's talk here because you are a millennial, as they say. You'll only listen here by your number of likes?!" said Paolo.

In the end, said the presidential son, he doesn't care if his Facebook post embarrasses him as this could be the only way he could teach his daughter about the consequences of her actions.

But he added a postscript: "FIX YOUR ....... LIFE FIRST before I will stop '....... up' your Christmas every year."

Paolo appeared to have been responding to Isabelle's tweets, posted earlier on her private Twitter account. Only Twitter users confirmed by Isabelle have access to her tweets.

But Paolo went on ahead and posted screenshots of her tweets, one of which said, "My dad ....s up my Christmas every year. What a time to be alive."

She also tweeted a longer message, seemingly addressed to her father.

In English, her post reads: "Just because you have a position in the city doesn't mean you have the right to beat [someone]!!! Just because you have power doesn't mean you can hurt people!! That person whom you exerted your power on is a human being!!! Not just [a] human being, but a child!! Not because you're a Duterte, you can!!"

It's not clear how Isabelle "embarrassed" herself or brought shame to her father. It could have been her tweet about Paolo ruining her Christmas.

Only the week before, Isabelle grabbed headlines when she held her pre-debut photo shoot at no less than Malacañang Palace.

The controversy pushed even her grandfather, the President, to defend her in a public speech.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/19205...t-social-media

Malacañang hopes for reconciliation between Paolo Duterte, Isabelle

'I know the President will be happier this Christmas if they patch things up,' says Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque.

MANILA, Philippines – Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque on Christmas Eve said he hoped presidential son Paolo Duterte and his daughter, Isabelle Duterte, will be able to patch things up after their squabble on social media.

“Hopefully, because it’s Christmas season now, there will be reconciliation between father and daughter,” said Roque in Filipino during an interview with Radyo Inquirer on Sunday, December 24.

“We know this happens to all families,” said Roque who was initially hesitant to comment on the matter as it was a family affair.

Duterte’s spokesman also said the President would be happier this holiday season if his son and granddaughter would mend their relationship.

“I know the President will be happier this Christmas if they patch things up,” said Roque in Filipino.
    Duterte himself has so far not made any public statements about the spat.

On Friday, December 23, Paolo, who is also Vice Mayor of Davao City, posted on his official Facebook page screenshots of his daughter Isabelle’s tweets complaining about how he ruins her Christmas.

In the post, Paolo admonished Isabelle for allowing her “friend” to “pimp” her thereby causing embarrassment to her and her family.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/19217...-duterte-fight

Trusted Member
    And these people are in positions of authority.

Why would Duterte’s son quit as vice mayor if he is innocent?

Paolo Duterte quit as Davao’s vice mayor. The move only increased suspicion of his involvement in a high-profile drug smuggling case.

By Oliver Ward

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte’s son, Paolo Duterte left his post as vice mayor of Davao on Christmas Day, further fuelling speculation of his links to a high-profile drug smuggling case. In a case unfolding like a Shakespearean tragedy, Filipino authorities seized US$125 million of crystal meth bound for Manila from China. Evidence implicated Paolo Duterte in the case in May 2017.
    Paolo Duterte and his brother in law, Manases Carpio face charges of facilitating the entry of the shipment. The pair testified at a Senate hearing in September. However, many questions remain unanswered. If the court finds the pair guilty, they could receive life sentences and a 10 million pesos (US$200,000) fine.

Why would an innocent man leave his position?

Paolo’s decision to suddenly leave his position as vice mayor does nothing to help prove his innocence. If he had nothing to hide, why would he leave? Paolo himself has blamed his decision on family problems.

He said in a statement, “there are recent unfortunate events in my life that are closely tied to my failed first marriage”. He added, “these, among others, include the maligning of my reputation in the recent name-dropping incident in the Bureau of Customs’ smuggling case and the very public squabble with my daughter.”

There are many unanswered questions

The case was not just a “name-dropping incident” as Paolo says. Several pieces of evidence raised serious questions about Paolo’s involvement. Paolo has not been forthcoming in answering these questions.

For example, Senator Antonio Trillanes presented photographs to the Senate panel investigating the case. The photographs showed Paolo standing alongside the businessman whose shipment contained the drugs. Paolo has not explained the nature of his relationship with the businessman.
    The broker behind the shipment also mentioned Duterte and Carpio’s names. The broker, Mark Taguba, described to the hearing how he had paid 1 million pesos (US$20,000) a week to representatives of the pair as protection money. During Paolo’s hearing, when the Senate asked details of his bank accounts, he refused to answer the questions. He called them “irrelevant”.
    Paolo also declined to describe a tattoo which he has on his back. An unnamed foreign intelligence agency disclosed information that Paolo Duterte has a “dragon-like” tattoo on his back. It claims the tattoo signifies his connections to a criminal organisation. When Trillanes asked him if the investigators could photograph the tattoo and investigate its meaning, Paolo replied with, “no way”

How will Paolo’s conviction affect President Rodrigo Duterte?

With the evidence mounting up, and the resignation further stoking the fires of suspicion, President Duterte will have a tough decision on his hands. So far, Duterte has kept out of the investigation and encouraged his son to tell the truth. But if the hearings prove Paolo’s involvement in drug smuggling, Duterte will have no choice but to involve himself in the aftermath.

Initially, President Duterte said he would resign if the Senate finds his son guilty. He has since changed his stance. In September he told government workers at the Presidential Palace he would kill his son if the claims prove to be true.

The resignation alone strikes a dent in the power of the Duterte family. If the allegations against Paolo prove to be true, the family will have far bigger problems. Paolo will likely meet his grizzly end at the hands of his own father. Critics of the Duterte dynasty will receive a significant boost, and Duterte’s drugs war will claim its most prominent scalp yet. Before the curtain closes on this tragedy, there may be a final, bloody act to come.

https://www.aseantoday.com/2018/01/w...e-is-innocent/

Thread Information