Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Stress City

Stress City

Study names Manila as one of the most stressful cities in the world.

Manila is one of the most stressful cities in the world, according to a new study.

In a study conducted by British dry-cleaning and laundry service Zipjet, Manila ranked 10th, with a rating of 8.92 out of 10 — with 10 being the most stressful.

According to this measure, the Philippine capital is a more stressful place to live than war-torn Damascus in Syria, which scored 8.66.

Iraq’s Baghdad topped the most stressful city list with a score of 10 points, while Kabul in Afghanistan is trailing on second place with 9.98 points.

Meanwhile, in the ranking for the least stressful cities in the world, the German city of Stuttgart ranked number one with a score of just one point.

The research studied 500 cities and measured the different factors that affect an individual’s stress levels, including unemployment, debt per capita, traffic, public transportation, security, pollution, density, as well as mental and physical health.

Manila ranked as the sixth most densely populated city in the world and the sixth worst city according to the perception of security.

Asian and African cities dominated the most stressful cities list while European cities dominated the list of least stressful, with four German cities making it to the top.

Most stressful cities:

1.Baghdad, Iraq
    2. Kabul, Afghanistan
    3. Lagos, Nigeria
    4. Dakar, Senegal
    5. Cairo, Egypt
    6. Tehran, Iran
    7. Dhaka, Bangladesh
    8. Karachi, Pakistan
    9. New Delhi, India
    10. Manila, Philippines

Least stressful cities:

1.Stuttgart, Germany
    2. Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
    3. Hanover, Germany
    4. Bern, Switzerland
    5. Munich, Germany
    6. Bordeaux, France
    7. Edinburgh, UK
    8. Sydney, Australia
    9. Hamburg, Germany
    10. Graz, Austria

Meanwhile, the Philippines has again dropped in a global ranking which measures countries’ ability to make the most of their populations’ economic potential.

The country ranked 50th among 130 economies in this year’s World Economic Forum (WEF) Human Capital Index, slipping one place from 49th last year.

This is the second year the Philippines saw its ranking drop after it was listed at 46th in 2015.
    The report summary said: “Efforts to fully realise people’s economic potential – in countries at all stages of economic development – are falling short due to ineffective deployment of skills throughout the workforce, development of future skills and adequate promotion of ongoing learning for those already in employment.

“These failures to translate investment in education during the formative years into opportunities for higher-quality work during the working lifetime contributes to income inequality by blocking the two pathways to social inclusion, education and work.”

Norway ranked at the top of the index, followed by Finland, Switzerland, US and Denmark.

Completing the top 10 were Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, Slovenia and Austria.
    Earlier this week, we reported that a global survey measuring the liveability of 180 cities placed Manila in 148th spot.

http://philippineslifestyle.com/mani...-cities-world/

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    What has this got to do with dry-cleaning ... or is related to sweatier armpits or crapping ones pants more, due to all the stress ?

I know Manila is a bit of a pain at times... but to mention it in the same sentence as Syria ?

Utter nonsense.

But in my experience it is more stressful than Karachi, Delhi, Cairo or Kabul. I hate Manila, the only city I ever went where the residents do have to be reminded not to pee on the walls. I used to actually enjoy sitting around Baclaran people watching, but I am not as tolerant of such places nowadays.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

At least you can amble down Roxas Boulevard. I don't mind Manila for a few days. I do like a hotel with a rooftop bar and pool though with good views - like this one.

That's not my idea of a view nor a pool, we are all different

The pool isn't the best but the views are good. I have better pics than that one but can't be bothered to upload them. Beats staying at the Sogo!

Personally I wouldn't live in Manila if someone paid me, don't like the place, but needs dictate I must go there on occasion seeing as the British Embassy is there .

Claire Danes is quoted as saying Manila is like a giant toilet full of crazy people , a comment amongst others which got her and her movies a lifetime ban until she apologises. Except some of her movies were shown there as people didn't realise she was in them

Trusted Member
    Hahaha.

Trusted Member
    I really don't want to breathe the air in Manila. It was bad enough being a smoker for 40 odd years.

Thread Information