Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Chocolate

Chocolate

The Mrs has bought enough chocolate to fill her suitcase, I mean it really.

I said, "what about your clothes", she says she will leave them.

Doing my head in

My wife did the same when she went in October. Took a case with chocolate and goodies. And a case with hers and our daughter's clothes.

Then when I followed a couple weeks later I had to bring the extra clothes she didn't have room for!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    My wife did the same when she went in October. Took a case with chocolate and goodies. And a case with her's and our daughters clothes.
    Then when I followed a couple weeks later I had to bring the extra clothes she didn't have room for!
    lol, I've told her I'm buying no more baggage weight and I'm putting nowt of hers in my case lol

Trusted Member
    Stewart.... you should know by now, not to even try to understand, but to just let them get on with it.

Trusted Member
    ... and remember... sharing is caring.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Stewart.... you should know by now, not to even try to understand, but to just let them get on with it.
    Might end up being half a suitcase full by the time we fly, she's eating them lol,

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Might end up being half a suitcase full by the time we fly, she's eating them lol,
    Now Stewart, you should know more than anyone about Filipinos' eating habits and chocolate. , Jan is the same, "make sure you bring some Orange chocolate with you dear", Hahaha. So when I take loads of Terry's she asks, "where is the other Chocolate dear?" .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Now Stewart, you should know more than anyone about Filipinos' eating habits and chocolate. , Jan is the same, "make sure you bring some Orange chocolate with you dear", Hahaha. So when I take loads of Terry's she asks, "where is the other Chocolate dear?" .

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    ... and remember... sharing is caring.

Yeah, but my share is 1 piece, Jans is 1 block

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Yeah, but my share is 1 piece, Jans is 1 block
    Same here, lol

the misses never learns, she has just sent to her family in the phils 12 pouches of roses, heroes , advent calandars and some choclate bars, cost £120, to ship it £65 and £90 customs tax
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    The misses never learns, she has just sent to her family in the phils 12 pouches of roses, heroes , advent calandars and some chocolate bars, cost £120, to ship it £65 and £90 customs tax
    Expensive chocolate lol

Respected Member
    We've just come back from the Ph, will be going out again for Christmas. Guess what, ANOTHER load of chocs is ready to go - more than a suitcase full. Guess they don't sell chocolate out there ... This time she's looking for a box to use as luggage so we don't have to bring another empty case back with us :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Guess they don't sell chocolate out there ...
    I've seen Quality Street for sale in the Phils in a tiny box, there must have been less than 10 sweets in it and it was a few £
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

She ate loads, but yesterday she bought more

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I've seen Quality Street for sale in the Phils in a tiny box, there must have been less than 10 sweets in it and it was a few £
    I was in a Walmart in Toronto on Monday. Cadbury's Roses were around $15 CAD for the same size tub that are currently in Tesco for a fiver

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I was in a Walmart in Toronto on Monday,cadburys roses were around $15 CAD for the same size tub that are currently in Tesco for a fiver
    £5 , £4 in Asda

how are you doing Tawi?

Fine mate, got back yesterday from Canada. Did Ontario, Quebec and went over the border to New York for a couple of days. Life's good, my kid's doing very well in his studies. Glad your wife graduated as a doc. I spoke to a Filipina last week who graduated as a doc in the PI now she is doing extra studies and exams to qualify in Canada, loads and I mean LOADS (Capitals for extra emphasis) of Pinoys there working in healthcare.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

You're doing well and always travelling

The misses works in A&E in the Pediatrics department now and likes the job a lot more than being a GP.

In all the years the misses had been working here she has come across many Filipino nurses but only ever 1 Filipino doctor who was trained in the Phils as a Pediatrician, but the GMC would only register her as a Staff grade and not as a consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Fine mate, got back yesterday from Canada. Did Ontario, Quebec and went over the border to New York for a couple of days. Life's good, my kid's doing very well in his studies. Glad your wife graduated as a doc. I spoke to a Filipina last week who graduated as a doc in the PI now she is doing extra studies and exams to qualify in Canada, loads and I mean LOADS (Capitals for extra emphasis) of Pinoys there working in healthcare.
    So you're back in town huh? That went quickly. I suppose now's the time to decide which activity holiday to undertake in the warm sunshine.

Wish I was on benefits.

Yup,i already have a month booked paramotoring somewhere nice I will bang pics up when I am there the only benefits I have are due to never smoking,drinking,or gambling and investing wisely when I used to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week in a very hard physical job,i hated it at the time,but I reap the benefits nowadays

Thread Information