Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target 75, So far 0 (0%)


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Respected Member New Shoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    35

    Exclamation Renewing a British Passport when it's Expired Abroad (Philippines)

    Hello guys, recently I received an email from a Filipina who's a long-time friend of mine.

    She's living in the Philippines and her British passport expired August 2015 she would like to renew the passport.

    Does anyone know (or can point me in the right direction) the process of renewing a British passport when the holder is abroad in the Philippines and the last passport expired 2 years ago.


    (Her husband had told her not to bother renewing the passport at the time, as they weren't going to be going back to the UK. .................Two years later, he's left her and returned to the UK alone)

    Many thanks for any assistance!



  2. #2
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denbigh, North Wales
    Posts
    7,277
    Rep Power
    150
    Read here: https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/...es/renew/adult

    Also read the guidance note (link is in that page).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...



  3. #3
    Moderator Steve.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bongabon
    Posts
    6,388
    Rep Power
    150
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up


  4. #4
    Moderator fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South,North East,somewhere.
    Posts
    10,588
    Rep Power
    150
    We did ours about a year ago...Pain in the back passage to say the least..HMPO are a bunch of useless robotic ..... IMO.


  5. #5
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,462
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    We did ours about a year ago...Pain in the back passage to say the least..HMPO are a bunch of useless robotic ..... IMO.
    Agree.

    Going for an interview tomorrow with them... regarding the application for our little boy.


  6. #6
    Moderator Arthur Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    City of Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    23,203
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Agree.

    Going for an interview tomorrow with them... regarding the application for our little boy.
    ... ALL the very BEST for tomorrow's interview, Graham.


  7. #7
    Moderator fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South,North East,somewhere.
    Posts
    10,588
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Agree.

    Going for an interview tomorrow with them... regarding the application for our little boy.
    Good luck!! Let us know how you get on.


  8. #8
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,462
    Rep Power
    150
    Cheers Arthur and Fred.

    Back home now. The interview seemed to go really well. A very pleasant lady... and of course I've nothing to hide. Actually, all the staff were really nice and friendly.

    The only big shock to my system was having to pay 3 pounds for a plain old cup of coffee in a plain old Birmingham coffee bar . Reminded me of how much I save by taking 'pack-ups' whenever I'm out and about in this rip-off country !


  9. #9
    Moderator Steve.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bongabon
    Posts
    6,388
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Cheers Arthur and Fred.

    Back home now. The interview seemed to go really well. A very pleasant lady... and of course I've nothing to hide. Actually, all the staff were really nice and friendly.

    The only big shock to my system was having to pay 3 pounds for a plain old cup of coffee in a plain old Birmingham coffee bar . Reminded me of how much I save by taking 'pack-ups' whenever I'm out and about in this rip-off country !
    So have they given you a guarantee as to when you will receive Geoffry’s passport now Graham. Did you ask for a refund?
    When HMPO messed me around for my second passport, they did it for free.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up


  10. #10
    Trusted Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    24,462
    Rep Power
    150
    To be honest, things seemed to be going so well (at last), that I didn't think it wise to complain about anything at this stage Steve.

    I mean, they could have asked for a DNA test if they'd really wanted to spoil my day.

    I'll give it a couple of weeks, then politely enquire as to progress. Fortunately, we're not in a great hurry.


  11. #11
    Moderator Steve.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bongabon
    Posts
    6,388
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    To be honest, things seemed to be going so well (at last), that I didn't think it wise to complain about anything at this stage Steve.

    I mean, they could have asked for a DNA test if they'd really wanted to spoil my day.

    I'll give it a couple of weeks, then politely enquire as to progress. Fortunately, we're not in a great hurry.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up


  12. #12
    Respected Member New Shoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham, England
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    35
    Getting back on topic.....

    Many thanks for the replies addressing my question. Very helpful and very much appreciated!

    Thanks again!


  13. -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Renewing Passport, Outside Philippines
    By johncar54 in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th April 2015, 13:05
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2nd April 2012, 07:34
  3. Renewing RP Passport in DFA
    By johncar54 in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2nd January 2011, 18:19
  4. Renewing Passport in London
    By RuBiX in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th December 2010, 22:21
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 7th July 2010, 15:12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum