Hi All,

I have seen this on the Spanish Visa website and it seems to suggest that I do not need to get a Visa for my Wife?

6. Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, family members of an EU/EEA national in possession of a valid UK Residence Card specifying its condition as a family member do not require a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. Otherwise, a visa will be still required (Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009). For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies provided that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original Libro de Familia). Please note, that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National. If not, a visa is required.

This information applies only to ordinary passports. All other nationalities, not listed above require a visa. "

My Wife will be travelling with me, so I am confused as to whether she needs a Schengen or Spanish Visa to enter Spain. If she does then of course we will get a Schengen Visa as it opens up other Countries for travel.

Can anyone answer this for me please?