Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Spain Schengen Visa Question.

Hi All,

I have seen this on the Spanish Visa website and it seems to suggest that I do not need to get a Visa for my Wife?

"
    6. Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, family members of an EU/EEA national in possession of a valid UK Residence Card specifying its condition as a family member do not require a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. Otherwise, a visa will be still required (Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009). For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies provided that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original Libro de Familia). Please note, that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National. If not, a visa is required.

This information applies only to ordinary passports. All other nationalities, not listed above require a visa. "

My Wife will be travelling with me, so I am confused as to whether she needs a Schengen or Spanish Visa to enter Spain. If she does then of course we will get a Schengen Visa as it opens up other Countries for travel.

Can anyone answer this for me please?

SDM.

Are you a British citizen or EU citizen? If you're British, unfortunately she has to apply for a 'Schengen Visa' and you need to travel with her. Requirements are easy enough and the fee is free, though you have to pay a small service charge.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Obviously the service charge only applies if you chose the optional external service provider (VFS, TLS etc.) instead of an application directly at the embassy.

Also see my response here:
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....l=1#post582233

But other than that, unless her residence card explicitly ' EU/EEA family member' (those who did or are doing the Surinder Sighn route will have such a permit) she cannot travel visa free. She will be eligible for a free visa, issued ASAP and with minimal hassle (the Spaniards never heard of no hassle though, they loveeee red tape and asking too many documents) etc. Also see: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...y/index_en.htm

Hi There,

I have a British Passport so from what you say she will need a Schengen Visa.

thanks,

SDM

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have booked a holiday for 4 weeks time, I have filled in the Schengen application, where can I book an appointment to go to the Spanish Embassy, I only seem to be able to find 3rd parties like this https://uk.blsspainvisa.com I understand the Visa is free but with these guys you must pay a processing fee. Is that the case? I don't mind paying the fee, but don't want to pay it if I can deal direct with the Embassy for free.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/

Mr Google is everyone's friend if you use the correct search words..

Thread Information