Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Nochex Donate
Donate Now Target £75, So far £0 (0%)

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    United Kingdom
    Rep Power

    Question Spain Schengen Visa Question.

    Hi All,

    I have seen this on the Spanish Visa website and it seems to suggest that I do not need to get a Visa for my Wife?

    6. Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to Real Decreto 240/2007, 16 February, family members of an EU/EEA national in possession of a valid UK Residence Card specifying its condition as a family member do not require a visa to enter Spain when travelling with the EU/EEA National or joining him/her in Spain. Otherwise, a visa will be still required (Real Decreto 1161/2009, 10th July 2009). For spouses and/or children of Spanish Nationals the above condition applies provided that the marriage and/or birth is registered according with the Spanish Civil Register (original Libro de Familia). Please note, that the UK Residence Permit must state literally that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National. If not, a visa is required.

    This information applies only to ordinary passports. All other nationalities, not listed above require a visa. "

    My Wife will be travelling with me, so I am confused as to whether she needs a Schengen or Spanish Visa to enter Spain. If she does then of course we will get a Schengen Visa as it opens up other Countries for travel.

    Can anyone answer this for me please?


  2. #2
    Respected Member Leen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Spalding Lincolnshire
    Rep Power
    Are you a British citizen or EU citizen? If you're British, unfortunately she has to apply for a 'Schengen Visa' and you need to travel with her. Requirements are easy enough and the fee is free, though you have to pay a small service charge.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Rep Power
    Obviously the service charge only applies if you chose the optional external service provider (VFS, TLS etc.) instead of an application directly at the embassy.

    Also see my response here:

    But other than that, unless her residence card explicitly ' EU/EEA family member' (those who did or are doing the Surinder Sighn route will have such a permit) she cannot travel visa free. She will be eligible for a free visa, issued ASAP and with minimal hassle (the Spaniards never heard of no hassle though, they loveeee red tape and asking too many documents) etc. Also see: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...y/index_en.htm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    United Kingdom
    Rep Power
    Hi There,

    I have a British Passport so from what you say she will need a Schengen Visa.



  5. -

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Schengen visa to visit cousin in Spain
    By johncar54 in forum Legal Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd September 2017, 09:43
  2. Schengen Visa for Spain ... QUESTIONS
    By Jentobeharrison in forum European Immigration & VISA Issues
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 7th March 2017, 16:02
  3. Schengen visa for Spain
    By bhem_bhem in forum European Immigration & VISA Issues
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 4th July 2015, 00:23
  4. Residence Visa for Spain / Schengen Area
    By johncar54 in forum Help & Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th April 2009, 09:32
  5. schengen visa from italy or spain embassy?
    By mhynne in forum European Immigration & VISA Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16th July 2008, 19:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum