Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Everyone has a story....

Had a coffee with a guy yesterday,he has been back in the UK for maybe a year,before that he was in a pinoy prison for if memory serves 2 1/2 years,before that he was living a very nice life indeed with properties in west London and several on different islands in the PI,the prison term in the PI affected his health quite a bit,the fires gone from his eyes,fortunes can change very quickly as his spell in pinas has cost him a lot both financially and emotionally,sadly his wife and children still aren't here,he has sold another PI property so his wife can have 62? Grand equivalent in her account for 6 months so she can apply again He used to be a very successful entrepreneur,i asked him about future business plans,he said "All I am concentrating on,all I am thinking about,is having my wife and children here,anything else is icing on the cake"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

What did he go to prison for Tawi??

Good luck to the guy, i wouldnt expect 2 1/2 years in a pinnoy jail would do any of us any good.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    What did he go to prison for Tawi??
    He was fighting extradition to the US fred,money-laundering,he wasn't convicted of any crime whatsoever in the Philippines.He is still fighting extradition from the UK now to the US.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

We reap what we sow they say, but sometimes we just cannot avoid bad luck too.

He has had a good run mate,still not over,time will tell

Got infected by the greed disease by the looks of it but at least he's cured now.

Well,innocent until proven guilty is how I always look at it and no court has yet proven him guilty of a thing,just a successful businessman who suffered a mishap

Trusted Member
    A reminder of how vulnerable us foreigners are in the Phils... where it's 'guilty until proven innocent'.

I do my best to keep 'below the radar' when there.

Respected Member
    So it doesn't sound like this chap came a cropper of some locals he upset/wouldn't lend money to/bearing a grudge then. Not quite the same as other stories.

The US is more serious about financial crime than 'real' crime, and this is how they catch many people in the end. Even I make triple sure to avoid insider trading when selling my employer's stock, and thats small fry of course. This chap must have been up to something to make the feds suspicious. Personally I'd consider going to the US and facing the court/prison rather than sitting in a jail in the Philippines. At least you will know when you're getting out.

Thread Information