Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

4 metre python found in Quezon City car park

I didn't know pythons existed in the Phils.

http://gulfnews.com/news/asia/philip...-lot-1.2097524

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    I didn't know pythons existed in the Phils.
    Seems they do; indeed, one lunchtime during the period I'd been staying with Myrna's relatives in Tagum City, their son-in-law was heartily tucking into python meat and asked me if I fancied sampling a piece ... an offer which I politely declined!

Damned pythons keep eating my chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Seems they do; indeed, one lunchtime during the period I'd been staying with Myrna's relatives in Tagum City, their son-in-law was heartily tucking into python meat and asked me if I fancied sampling a piece ... an offer which I politely declined!
    Grasshopper adobo seems to be another "delicacy" down that way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Damned pythons keep eating my chickens.
    Pythons in Bohol too? That's the last time I'm taking a leak in the bushes over there!

Loads of pythons in the PI a big one was caught in manila a number of years ago after it ate a chained dog scarier than the pythons are the king cobra

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

There's one worse than the king cobra. It's called the Northern Philippine cobra - the deadliest cobra in the world and the third deadliest out of all species of snakes. Its venom will kill you in 30 minutes if it goes untreated.

Reverting back to pythons. I have actually seen one, I tell a lie - the one in Bohol called Prony (now deceased) that was an attraction on the inland tour.

They tried to get me to hold it around my neck too

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Loads of pythons in the PI a big one was caught in manila a number of years ago after it ate a chained dog
    That snake didn't think that one through did it?

I used to do quite a lot of hiking and running when I was based in HK I remember seeing one cobra on the island and several up in the new territories and saw one wild one in india.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

We often came across spitting cobra's in our garden when we lived in Botswana, the dogs fortunately gave us a heads up by barking like crazy and jumping around them, on with the shades hit them with a spade and throw them over the wall and wait for an eagle to come and pick them up....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    We often came across spitting cobra's in our garden when we lived in Botswana, the dogs fortunately gave us a heads up by barking like crazy and jumping around them, on with the shades hit them with a spade and throw them over the wall and wait for an eagle to come and pick them up....
    Did you find anything nasty in Pundaquit?

A couple of the locals were not so friendly....

Trusted Member
    Below:

The King Cobra, the world's largest venomous snake (up to 15ft), distributed around the Phils .

Plus, the sandy to brown coloured 'standard issue' venomous Cobra... very common throughout the Phils, reaching 6-10ft as adults.

Watch where you're walking, especially in the provinces, and especially at night.

A lot of people don't realise that there are also both Freshwater and (HUGE) Saltwater Crocs. So be careful where you're dipping your toes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Pythons in Bohol too? That's the last time I'm taking a leak in the bushes over there!
    Lots of them and many other variety of snakes but its the spitting Cobras that I`m more concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Below:

The King Cobra, the world's largest venomous snake (up to 15ft), distributed around the Phils .

Plus, the sandy to brown coloured 'standard issue' venomous Cobra... very common throughout the Phils, reaching 6-10ft as adults.

Watch where you're walking, especially in the provinces, and especially at night.

A lot of people don't realise that there are also both Freshwater and (HUGE) Saltwater Crocs. So be careful where you're dipping your toes too.

The ginger haired guy is mark o'shea who was britains version of steve Irwin till he faded off the screens,did two programs on Filipino reptiles
    As for the crocs I saw lolong when he was alive he was just over 20 feet long and a confirmed man-eater.

Trusted Member
    Yes, I remember watching Mr. O'Shea's programmes... the whole series.

He is an author and herpetology lecturer now I think?He was once bitten by a king cobra and survived thanks to the prompt medical actions of one of his colleagues.

Trusted Member
    Yes, a dangerous occupation that finished off poor old Steve Irwin. :(

Thread Information