Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

A Brit In The Philippines

Anyone else follow this Youtube blogger chap? While I'm pleased for him in his current situation, at the same time I am sure it isn't what he was planning... Nice guy who comes across as a bit too generous and seems to be a bit trapped living in his new wife's parent's old house with no control over his life (all IMHO gleaned from what is shared). At least she's got nice teeth and smiles now... Good bloke and I wish them well of course.

The guy is a dreamer..
    Everything is fine on his small income..Of course it is..
    Until a medical emergency occurs. (God forbid)
    He now has a wife and new child to support.. Wait till the wife wants the kid to go to a private school...Etc etc.
    Not going to be a pretty sight IMO long term.

Wonder how much he makes from the tube?

Respected Member
    Yep, agreed. I suspect he's already 'feeling the heat'. They bought a car recently, now selling due to not being able to make payments. How they planned to pay in the first place it beyond me - her parents run a little shop. His income is from renting his UK property out, hope the tenants don't give notice...

I predict him coming back to the UK and trying to earn enough to bring her and his son over here. Good luck to him, I don't know his career/skills but I don't think he's a bank manager/brain surgeon. Also he's no spring chicken (I know our own Graham has experience of this, but I'm sure he has gone into this eyes open, unlike Chris Wren on the videos).

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Wonder how much he makes from the tube?
    Not that much. I expect he makes more begging on Patron and advertising the Angelica Beach Resort. Good luck to him though.

He did mention how much he earned from YouTube in one of his earlier video's. Was it £80 per month? I can't remember.

He has a newish semi oop north I recall. Should get about £500 per month in rent so add those together and that would be OK to live on for a lone person in the Phils I guess. With extra mouths to feed and splurging out on non-essentials, the bar is obviously going to change height. And like Fred said, you need to compensate for those rainy days - wherever you live.

Trusted Member
    Now you see why I live between the two countries. We also own our property there. Paid for. Quadrupled in value this past 18 months too... according to my Mrs.

My place in England costs me nothing, and we have no debt.

We'll see how things go. Act in haste, repent at leisure.

I have followed this guys youtube adventures with interest,i never fully understood why he chose the PI to "find" himself after being beaten up at work,losing one of his parents to cancer etc,he still seems quite naïve at times Trefor he was a HGV tester or instructor,something along those lines.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I have followed this guys youtube adventures with interest,i never fully understood why he chose the PI to "find" himself after being beaten up at work,losing one of his parents to cancer etc,he still seems quite naïve at times Trefor he was a HGV tester or instructor,something along those lines.
    He seems a genuine kind of guy, but definately has not done his homework, I would have thought that he could have managed on his Income but needed to do his homework, and work out a budget, i havent watched all his videos but the most recent ones he seems to be finding it a struggle to make ends meet, and it wont get any easier now that he has an extra mouth to feed, as others have said i can see him returning to the Uk then he will have to go through all the usual Visa issues, Income requirements etc etc, good luck to him i think he is going to need it.

Respected Member
    The latest video shows the problems he's having with electronics. This has never been an issue at our house in Batangas. There is a computer in our house and it lasted for years, and only got replaced due to it being easier for me to bring a new all-in-one system bought in Carrefour when passing through Dubai than spend ages working out how to upgrade and what was wrong with the old one (lots of kids using it, crashing etc). TVs, phones etc. seem to last just fine. This is in a non-air conditioned area with the door wide open most of the day. Even the washing machine which lives outside still works fine after a number of years. I suggest the issue may be that his house is very damp and humid in general. There was no upper floor and it is now under construction (again, something he does not seem in control of - her parents), and its not rooms for them either which I find strange. He did a video showing rainwater washing down the stairs, the place looks 'moist' to me.

Again in the video he's asking for money for RAM, HDD and bits to finish off a new PC someone has given him. So he must be skint. The whole vlog started with him wanting to survive on $575 ish per month (rent from his UK property). I'm not sure how he's not managing since the house is her parents and the only costs are food and baby bits and running a motorbike. Must be healthcare or other commitments he's made, or her parents are ripping them off.

The child looks lovely and I wish them well but somethings not adding up financially IMO.

He is still there and hanging in...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0JZ49bQy9k

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

The guy is a dreamer

His wife is pregnant again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxNlsPz6Puw

And his mates joined the "I married a piany and vlog" club

Trusted Member
    So some of these people living hand to mouth in the Phils off YouTube vids are going to be stuffed, by the sound of it.

Thread Information