Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Phuket

Respected Member

Phuket

So we've just booked our Christmas break - Dubai for a few days > Manila > BKK > Phuket for 6 nights before BKK and DXB > Home.

Any recommendations for a nice place on Phuket? I like to see where the locals stay instead of heading for the nearest hotel full of package holiday customers, but ideally want to be nearish a beach please.

Thanks.

Sorry I cannot help you on this as I have never been there. Good luck, someone may come along before you fly out and give you advice.

Try Kato beach, it's not over run with women trying to sell themselves and Kato beach hotel is right on the beach as the name suggests

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Try Kato beach, it's not over run with women trying to sell themselves and Kato beach hotel is right on the beach as the name suggests
    Thanks, was also looking at Karon beach which is the next one up the coast.

I went to Phuket in 2006 and stayed at two resorts ........ 5* Banyan Tree in the north which was expensive (we checked in as Posh and Becks checked out!)

Also stayed in the Karon Beach area at the 4* Katathani which was within walking distance of numerous local eateries and shops. The resort was recently refurbished at the time due to Tsunami damage, well situated and we took a tuk tuk into Patong Beach.

My visit was 11 years ago but can still remember having so much fun in Phuket! Hope you have a great time Trefor

My sis is going November 24th

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I went to Phuket in 2011 and stayed at four resorts ........

Quote Originally Posted by Jack32 View Post
    I went to Phuket in 2011 and stayed at *four resorts ........

Really? ... what were those, Jack? Haven't been to Thailand personally. ... but pretty sure Trefor would be most interested in finding out *which resorts.

Thread Information