Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Rules are rules

Rules are rules

There are rules for all of us and there are rules that we dont like but we have to live with them.
    Now if you dont like the rules , well best bet is to move to another place and then live by there rules, or try to live along and do what the rules are asking.
    I bet he is thinking now, " i wish i had banked the money i was earning all those years ago".
    Welcome to the our word i say to him.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...rdf?li=AAnZ9Ug

Trusted Member
    Yes, nice to know that we British citizens and our legal partners and children have lower status than refugees and asylum seekers... who of course would never need financial assistance , would they.

I didnt bite but yes Graham for the few hundred of us at most that this rule affects its not great.

Nothing to bite at, the rules are the rules.
    Yes it i could be wrong when it effects certain folk, but like anything you have to go with the majority or say sod it and then go with plan b or c or maybe d,
    Many of us who have started on this trail have had to pay something for our partners to be here with us or if you cannot afford what they are asking then you may have to think of moving to where your partner is.
    Maybe if we all feel in love with a European there would be none of this then.

Trusted Member
    It is totally illogical... considering the wife is able to work when she arrives anyway.

How about means-testing all the 1,000s of scumbags who've lived off benefits their entire adult lives, when not in jail, ... before letting them marry, or breed ?

Yes, rules is rules for the smug ones who were lucky enough to avoid the latest ones, which some of were not able to predict, as we're not *ing clairvoyants.

Steve you and me are never going to agree on this one because it affects us both differently, or should i say it doesnt affect you but it does a few hundred others.. Put yourself in our position; we see people coming to this country who have no affinity whatsoever except by being in the EU, or refugee status, (Define refugee) the first country that they come to, then no Afghans, Turks, Syrians, Iranians, Iraquis, Tunisians, Morrocans should be able to enter this country under refugee status, but as we all know they do, yet people like Graham, myself and a few hundred others cant lead the life that we want in OUR country of birth.

Harry and others ,I do agree with you that we should be able to bring our partners to where ever we call home, and like others have said once they are here they could work and help the economy too.
    I don't make the rules but I obay the rule's, when Emma came here I too was upset about paying the visa bills and then the other visa and then paying to become a citizen and yes the fee had gone up from the previous years, it goes up every year.
    Europe is a waste of space, cheap labour that's all it has become and now with the brixit happening all this cheap labour could be leaving, no who is concerned about this ,the business owners who employs these folk paying cheap wages.
    Maybe things will change and the people from the east will be equal to Europeans but for now we all know what we have to pay and what we have to do to bring anyone here who is not a European its as simple as that.

I have always maintained that if I had a partner over in the Philippines, I would not bring her here, I would go over there, that's my own thoughts on this, and if anything was to happen between myself and Emma and I was still interested in a fillipino that's what I would do, by the way Emma does know about this .

Trusted Member
    Well I have bought land and had a home for us built there, so as and when it becomes better for me to be there than here for most of the year, I can go.... and live off the pension I've paid into for 50 years. Screw the UK and their idiot rules.

That's a great idea Graham, as soon as we have saved enough we are off, this country is not for me anymore.
    It's just a pity that my ex took half my private pension and being so young I have to wait for my state pension to kick in, so work hard and save hard a little longer for me, but I am getting there.

Trusted Member
    I only have my state pension.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I only have my state pension.
    Thats enough Graham so long as the rate stays mid 60,s upwards.

Thread Information