Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help cancelling flights

As you may know, the mother in law has been here for the past 6 months. A couple of weeks ago she collapsed and was taken to hospital. She was discharged a few days later. However a few days later felt unwell again and readmitted overnight.
    Now she was due to fly back with Thai airlines this coming weekend. I have emailed, and used social media to contact them, no reply. I don't expect a refund.... Although it's currently in the hands of her travel insurance company, who are slow, but said to keep all receipts.
    As my wife and daughter are flying with Philippines airlines the same weekend, we managed to get her on that flight with them. Which cost me £600!
    Obviously I don't necessarily need to cancel the Thai flights, but I would hopefully like to maybe recoup a bit of money back.

I've tried to get a phone number for them in the UK... But been running up and down to hospitals to see the mother in law, wife with baby scans etc... Looking after our daughter and work at the same time!

Can't wait to go to Philippines in 3 weeks time!

Thai Airways UK Phone Number: 0330 400 4022. This is Thai Airways 24 hours UK contact number and is accessible for all the customers who wish to contact the airline from anywhere in the United Kingdom.

Or +44 (0)20 7491 7953

A shame that you MiL is having health problems. Mostly airlines are less than sympathetic and will just quote the policy that was in place when you booked the flights. Sometimes you might recoup a small percentage of the cost, but it could be non-refundable, look at the small print in your ticket booking. Good luck.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Thai Airways UK Phone Number: 0330 400 4022. This is Thai Airways 24 hours UK contact number and is accessible for all the customers who wish to contact the airline from anywhere in the United Kingdom.

Or +44 (0)20 7491 7953

Thanks. Just phoned, shut until tomorrow. Seems it's not 24 hours. Will try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    A shame that you MiL is having health problems. Mostly airlines are less than sympathetic and will just quote the policy that was in place when you booked the flights. Sometimes you might recoup a small percentage of the cost, but it could be non-refundable, look at the small print in your ticket booking. Good luck.
    The flights aren't refundable. But no harm in asking. We also have her insurance company on the case, so they maybe might have some luck, although to be honest we did take it upon ourselves to change her to Philippines airlines. Just didn't fancy letting her travel on her own with a 90 minutes transfer when she's not 100% would cost a lot more if she collapsed in Hong Kong or where ever to get her home again. Just seems the right thing to do. really

Harlene phoned today and got given an email address to send an email to requesting to cancel the tickets.

We already have a reply back, they are charging us £125 cancellation fee but refunding the rest. Can't actually remember what I originally paid, think it was around £450. So at least I'm getting something back.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Very bad luck indeed Slip, hope things improve for the future at least you have a break to look forward to and hope you enjoy the time with your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Harlene phoned today and got given an email address to send an email to requesting to cancel the tickets.

We already have a reply back, they are charging us £125 cancellation fee but refunding the rest. Can't actually remember what I originally paid, think it was around £450. So at least I'm getting something back.
    ......................................................................................................... 's always some consolation ... ... even if it is a bit mean of the airline to charge ANY cancellation fee at all, given the circumstances.

Thread Information