Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Off to Philippines

After finally getting her FLR. Harlene is going back to Philippines with our daughter when her Mum finally goes back, after her 6 month stay with us here in the UK. So mid September I will be driving all of them down to Heathrow and then saying goodbye as they jet off for a few days short of a month.
    Then 2 weeks later after enjoying the peace and quiet I shall drive myself down to Heathrow once more and this time fly out to Philippines on my own to meet up with Harlene and my Daughter for a 2 week break.
    Not sure if we shall venture far from her Sisters home in Manila, as Harlene's home village is a good 10 hours from Manila, and after 14 hours on a plane, plus I'm only there for 2 weeks..... Well we shall see.

We looked for cheap flights... Could have got your usual suspects like Emirates, Qatar, Cathay etc etc.... For around £400-£500

But we decided with Kianna being 2 years old and acting like a teenager who doesn't get her own way most days! We'd rather book Philippines airlines and fly direct so no mucking about transferring flights for Harlene. Ok more expensive, but worth it in my eyes.
    Because we had to book separately as going different times the prices were slightly different. Harlene's and Kianna's I paid £1,050. Bit much a 2 year old pays full fare!
    For me a touch more at £574

If I was flying both legs with them, I would have gone with a cheaper option, which would mean flight transfers.

But I don't suppose we will be going again for a few more years, not with baby number 2 coming next March!

Trusted Member
    Wishing you all safe and enjoyable trips !

Thread Information