Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Wink Spouse visa granted - new process submitting documents

Hello everyone!

My spouse visa has been granted and I want to thank all of you for the help and advice, and of course, sir Terpe.

It was indeed a long journey for us, as me and my husband had a lot of plan changes.

I’m going to share how I obtained my visa in order to help others and be familiar with the new process in submissions. It can really be complicated.

Warning : long post

Date SUBMITTED: May 16, 2017
    GOT VISA: August 14, 2017
    Documents I will rely on the ukba guide:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf)

1. Visa Application form
    2. Passport (old and new)
    3. One passport sized colour photograph (taken against a plain cream or light grey background - i had a hard time with this coz they can’t seem to know cream or light grey lol)
    4. my Birth Certificate from NSO (for Evidence of your permission to be in the country where you are applying, if you are not a national of that country)
    5. Tuberculosis (TB) certificate
    6. Marriage Certificate from NSO and England (for Evidence of your marital status - I got two as I got married in England under Visit for Marriage Visa)
    7. my professional id (PRC) and coe (for Evidence of your current employment or studies)
    8. IELTS B1 Certificate (for Evidence of English language requirement)

For finances and employment
    9. Appendix 2
    10. Bank statements or bank books - husband
    11. Payslips - husband

For Accommodation details
    12. Land Registry document, mortgage statements

Information about your sponsor in the UK
    13. COE, payslips (for Evidence of your sponsor’s current employment studies or other means of support and total monthly income after tax)
    14. Copy of his passport all with stamps (for Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK)
    15. Pictures, email headlines, FaceTime clips, airline tickets, hotels. (for Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and any contact between you)

Original and photocopy on A4 paper

How i submitted it:
    I booked an appointment at vfs but there are problems with their website so my intial attempt failed. I went to vfs as a walk-in applicant (Php 2,000 ).This was unpleasant due to the fact that it was a long wait with no seating, and you have to wait outside in the Philippine summer. You can imagine the heat!. I decided to try the online route again, and thankfully this worked on the second attempt.

*NEW process in submitting documents:
    You have two options:
    (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippi...ion-center.pdf)

~ 1. Settlement Scanning Service - PHP 3,780.00 (VFS will scan the documents and send it to Sheffield)

~ 2. Send the documents to Sheffield Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas PO Box 5852
    Sheffield
    United Kingdom
    S11 0FX

We opted for the second option, which is sending the documents to Sheffield, because my husband had his holiday here in PH, so he took all my documents home to the UK. This saved us PHP 3,780.00 lol. Just follow the instructions on how to send it and send before or as soon as you have had your appointment with vfs.

So, what to bring to the VFS?
    I brought my VISA APPLICATION form and my PASSPORTS (old and new).
    Appendix 2, I made two copies, one with me and the other will go to Sheffield (as I don’t know the process) the vfs assistant said appendix 2 will be sent to Sheffield, so I took it away.

On the same day after my appointment my husband sent the documents to Sheffield. After a month they sent it back to him with all the originals.

Question:
    When I got my visa. it has only one month validity (the vignette) and I can claim my BRP card too.I also have an IHS number which I already paid. are these things new process as well?

So, I am flying soon before it expires…

Anything I need to do and bring aside from CFO certificate and sticker?

My original documents and my TB certificate are with my husband but I have got an expired certificate and a copy of my recent TB test. I have read here that I will need to show it to an Immigration officer so if they look for the original, I'll just mention that my husband has it outside, lol, and hope they will allow me to enter the UK. (I will update you on this matter. haha)

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Question:
    When I got my visa. it has only one month validity (the vignette) and I can claim my BRP card too.I also have an IHS number which I already paid. are these things new process as well?
    That process was introduced 2 years ago I think.
    If you applied from outside the UK

Collect your BRP once you’re in the UK. You must do this before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is later.
    Check your decision letter. It will tell you to collect your BRP from either:

• a named Post Office branch
    • your sponsor, if you chose this option when you applied

I think the only new one was sending the documents directly to Sheffield. It's the first I heard of it.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

Many thanks for posting such helpful and detailed information for the benefit of others.

Congratulations. It must be a new thing sending the documents to Sheffield. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincay View Post
    Hello everyone!

My spouse visa has been granted and I want to thank all of you for the help and advice, and of course, sir Terpe. :Jump

It was indeed a long journey for us, as me and my husband had a lot of plan changes.

... CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by captaincay View Post
    I’m going to share how I obtained my visa in order to help others and be familiar with the new process in submissions. It can really be complicated.

Warning : long post

Date SUBMITTED: May 16, 2017
    GOT VISA: August 14, 2017
    Documents I will rely on the ukba guide:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf)

1. Visa Application form
    2. Passport (old and new)
    3. One passport sized colour photograph (taken against a plain cream or light grey background - i had a hard time with this coz they can’t seem to know cream or light grey lol)
    4. my Birth Certificate from NSO (for Evidence of your permission to be in the country where you are applying, if you are not a national of that country)
    5. Tuberculosis (TB) certificate
    6. Marriage Certificate from NSO and England (for Evidence of your marital status - I got two as I got married in England under Visit for Marriage Visa)
    7. my professional id (PRC) and coe (for Evidence of your current employment or studies)
    8. IELTS B1 Certificate (for Evidence of English language requirement)

For finances and employment
    9. Appendix 2
    10. Bank statements or bank books - husband
    11. Payslips - husband

For Accommodation details
    12. Land Registry document, mortgage statements

Information about your sponsor in the UK
    13. COE, payslips (for Evidence of your sponsor’s current employment studies or other means of support and total monthly income after tax)
    14. Copy of his passport all with stamps (for Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK)
    15. Pictures, email headlines, FaceTime clips, airline tickets, hotels. (for Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and any contact between you)

Original and photocopy on A4 paper

How i submitted it:
    I booked an appointment at vfs but there are problems with their website so my intial attempt failed. I went to vfs as a walk-in applicant (Php 2,000 ).This was unpleasant due to the fact that it was a long wait with no seating, and you have to wait outside in the Philippine summer. You can imagine the heat!. I decided to try the online route again, and thankfully this worked on the second attempt.

*NEW process in submitting documents:
    You have two options:
    (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippi...ion-center.pdf)

~ 1. Settlement Scanning Service - PHP 3,780.00 (VFS will scan the documents and send it to Sheffield)

~ 2. Send the documents to Sheffield Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas PO Box 5852
    Sheffield
    United Kingdom
    S11 0FX

We opted for the second option, which is sending the documents to Sheffield, because my husband had his holiday here in PH, so he took all my documents home to the UK. This saved us PHP 3,780.00 lol. Just follow the instructions on how to send it and send before or as soon as you have had your appointment with vfs.

So, what to bring to the VFS?
    I brought my VISA APPLICATION form and my PASSPORTS (old and new).
    Appendix 2, I made two copies, one with me and the other will go to Sheffield (as I don’t know the process) the vfs assistant said appendix 2 will be sent to Sheffield, so I took it away.

On the same day after my appointment my husband sent the documents to Sheffield. After a month they sent it back to him with all the originals.

Question:

So, I am flying soon before it expires…

Anything I need to do and bring aside from CFO certificate and sticker?

My original documents and my TB certificate are with my husband but I have got an expired certificate and a copy of my recent TB test. I have read here that I will need to show it to an Immigration officer so if they look for the original, I'll just mention that my husband has it outside, lol, and hope they will allow me to enter the UK. (I will update you on this matter. haha)
    was, indeed, a kind gesture, to share this experience with us. And it's very much appreciated ...

It is alwasy good to share your experience as it helps others on there journey of love to Thank you for doing so.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thread Information