Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

UK Visit Visa from Paris

Just wondering if anyone here knows.

My cousin is currently in Paris and was sent by her company in the Philippines for a 2.5 months work. She wants to go to London so she can see the sights and meet me at the same time. She wasn't able to get a UK visit visa from the Philippines because of how her company rushed her application (got Schengen visa on a Friday and sent her to Paris the next day). I would like to know if she can apply for a UK visit visa from Paris? She's under the impression that she can only apply it from Manila since she's a Philippine passport holder. Although from UK Gov website, they said visitors can apply for a visa at any overseas post where an entry clearance applications are considered. I did some search in Google and they have conflicting interpretations of it.
    I hope someone can give us some info regarding this, especially those who have experienced this.

Thanks in advance!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

In short yes she can, it will ask on the application what country she is in, she simply needs to put France .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    In short yes she can, it will ask on the application what country she is in, she simply needs to put France .
    Thanks for this Harry! So it won't matter if she put that Philippines is where her main residence is? Or does she need to put the address of her current accommodation in Paris?
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

If I recall, it asks where she is currently living, then further into the application it asks where she lives in Phils. It's only a few questions relevant to why she is in France that are different, the remainder are the same standard questions.

You could always get Keith to take you over to Paris while she waits for her decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    If I recall, it asks where she is currently living, then further into the application it asks where she lives in Phils. It's only a few questions relevant to why she is in France that are different, the remainder are the same standard questions.

You could always get Keith to take you over to Paris while she waits for her decision.
    Oh god, Keith hates Paris. Plus, we're also travelling to US next month and I can't risk applying for a Schengen visa (I still have a Philippine passport) that might cause a delay. We also don't have money to travel Paris hahaha.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Paris is quite cheap, fantastic city, lots of culture, loads of things to do, easy to get around, great food, the list is endless

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Paris is quite cheap, fantastic city, lots of culture, loads of things to do, easy to get around, great food, the list is endless
    But full of French people

I had some flying lessons there this year, France that is, not Paris, but we used to land at a small strip to evaluate my progress. The guys at the strip always used to give us a cup of coffee and make us feel welcome. Genuine camaraderie, the French aren't so bad

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Surprisingly so ... with bargain prices to be had at some of the street markets that are off the beaten track.

Thread Information