Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Goodness ME!

Goodness ME!

... what on earth has happened to this previously busy site?

No idea Arthur, but I have noticed for the last month, six weeks it was more or less Steve that was keeping it going, with many new Topics. I think maybe with immigration rules, and such like its possibly cut down threads on those Topics as its so difficult to get visas these days, so people dont even try.. Im not saying thats the only reason but I think its a contributing reason, Tawi then took up Steves mantle when Steve went on holiday, and even he seems to be posting less now.
    Me Im more of an answerer than a starter of Topics..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I think maybe with immigration rules, and such like its possibly cut down threads on those Topics as its so difficult to get visas these days, so people dont even try.. Im not saying thats the only reason but I think its a contributing reason,
    , Harry ... 's almost bound to be a contributory factor, !

No idea Arthur, but I have noticed for the last month, six weeks it was more or less Steve that was keeping it going, with many new Topics. Tawi then took up Steves mantle when Steve went on holiday, and even he seems to be posting less now.
    Talking of which: ... 'fraid I've been a lot less prolific than usual myself in posting recently.

Thing is, my * "gave up the " just before I too, went on holiday - around the same time as Steve - and *it wasn't replaced until I'd returned.

Hence the reason I'm late in replying to the thread relating to the disappointing outcome of your fiancee's visit visa application. about that, Harry.

Not sure if it's a google thing too, I visit most days, I don't always contribute to threads. But being here with the children keeps me out of the forum sometimes.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I visit most days, rarely start a topic... Even if I did we just don't get the visitors to keep it going anyway... Should it be deemed worthy!

Trusted Member
    A glance at today’s Forum statistics is disappointing :-

" What's Going On? "
    Currently Active Users :-
    There are currently 160 users online ... 3 members and 157 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,596, 4th December 2013.
    Threads :-
    Members :-
    Active Members :-

There may be other reasons for not contributing, such as personal circumstances ( including family, illness ). It would be encouraging to have responses - preferably positive - from members who start threads, when they receive replies. The warning " This site may be hacked " still appears when logging on. Finally, what a shame " Photobucket " ( recommended for uploading images on the Forum ) recently removed ALL such images due to their changed policy on " third party hosting ".

All credit to those, like Arthur, who continue posting ( and making financial contributions which are vital to support the Forum ) .

When I sign in, I get the "thank you for signing in", then it says you are viewing this site as a guest. I have to sign in again and click the remember me button then it's ok.

On tonight's Panorama we look into the shocking revelation of how internet forum Filipina Roses has only managed to recruit a solitary regular poster in just over four years.

We asked long-standing moderator Joe Bloggs for his thoughts.

Joe?.....................JOE?..........................JOEEEEEEEEE?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Finally, what a shame " Photobucket " ( recommended for uploading images on the Forum ) recently removed ALL such images due to their changed policy on " third party hosting ".

This I only just noticed Alan and thank you for brining it to my attention. I think I will close my account with Photobucket after saving my uploaded photos from there, what they did was wrong and sure they will suffer for it.

Alternatives that offer the same 3rd party hosting, with free image linking:

Flickr.
    https://www.flickr.com/about

Google Drive.
    https://www.google.com/drive/terms-of-service/
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    A glance at today’s Forum statistics is disappointing.

All credit to those, like Arthur, who continue posting ( and making financial contributions which are vital to support the Forum )
    Thanks, Alan ... your valued ongoing support (and that of other like~minded regular contributors) is
    very much appreciated
    !

Trusted Member
    Thanks in turn Steve.r and Arthur

I have copied Steve's links on this thread .

OOps yes. seem to have been very busy with other things so not had time for the forum.

In short we had my sister in law and niece over from the Philippines for two months so were very busy showing them the sights of London and the south west. Unfortunately they had to go back but we all had a great time.

Spent a lot then found out redundancy was a possibility, so have taken Voluntary redundancy and now time is taken up searching for a job to fill in the next two years before my pensions kick into play. Seems firms are reluctant to take on a 63 year old though and what annoys me is you apply for jobs and then never hear anything back!

I will try a bit harder to keep up with what's going on in the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    OOps yes. seem to have been very busy with other things so not had time for the forum.
    Perfectly understandable, Roland ... besides, which ... ... I'm retired!

In short we had my sister in law and niece over from the Philippines for two months so were very busy showing them the sights of London and the south west. Unfortunately they had to go back but we all had a great time.
    Pleased to learn you and your wife's relatives had a really nice time during their visit. ... and the Capital - being such a cosmopolitan city - has the added advantage of being able to cater for ALL tastes.

Spent a lot then found out redundancy was a possibility, so have taken Voluntary redundancy and now time is taken up searching for a job to fill in the next two years before my pensions kick into play. Seems firms are reluctant to take on a 63 year old though and what annoys me is you apply for jobs and then never hear anything back!
    ... know the feeling only too well from past experience!

When Michael doesnt post his daily update on "Peso" then you know this site is in trouble with regards content, and visitors..

When Michael doesn't post his daily update on "Peso" then you know this site is in trouble with regards content, and visitors..
    ... true! 's what I'd just been thinking.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I'll be around for many years to come yet!

Thread Information