Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

How much needed in bank account for visit visa to Uk 3 weeks stay?

What do members think likely amount for applicant is needed for a visit visa acceptance?
    Staying mostly with me and friends.
    My partner has full time work.I also know large deposits just before visa is applied for is unacceptable.
    Some suggestion source of funds to be declared??
    What are members knowledge on this ?
    thanks

Respected Member
    Was told last night if I am sponsor its not significant the applicants savings.
    what is experience of successful applicants for visitor visa??

Money is fairly irrelevant in my experience. More importantly the applicant needs to show a need and desire to return, as in a job, a house, family to support etc.

Trusted Member
    Strong ties to the Phils needed. Genuine need to return.

Will she/he overstay ?

That is the question 'they' have to be satisfied on, above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Strong ties to the Phils needed. Genuine need to return.

Will she/he overstay ?

That is the question 'they' have to be satisfied on, above all else.
    Yes Graham thats the one, and Im quietly dreading the next 48 hours, Jans is genuine, but will they believe it i dont know..

Trusted Member
    Good luck mate.

I daren't even fill out an application form for my Mrs.

Good.day 2go expres cdo .please be nfrm that ur visa has arvid and subjct nw 4 pck.up @ 2go expres cdo .dacudao comp.corales extension puntod

No idea what that means, i hope Jan doesnt have to make an 8 hour round trip to CDO just to pick it up, especially when 2go have a service centre in Maramag..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Good.day 2go expres cdo .please be nfrm that ur visa has arvid and subjct nw 4 pck.up @ 2go expres cdo .dacudao comp.corales extension puntod

No idea what that means, i hope Jan doesnt have to make an 8 hour round trip to CDO just to pick it up, especially when 2go have a service centre in Maramag..
    Looks good to me

Yeah, they want her to go to CDO to pick it up, Iv told her no way, not when 2go have a service centre in Maramag,5 hours there 5 hours back to her village they can get lost.

2GO - MARAMAG
    PUROK 2 SOUTH POBLACION SAYRE HIGHWAY, MARAMAG BUKIDNON
    Phone: 0917-7193016
    Fax: NONE
    Contact Person(s): ELMA ESTENZO
    Email: threegtravelandtours@yahoo.com
    Business Hours: MON-SAT 8AM-5PM

Trusted Member
    Congratulations !

Offer them some folding stuff to deliver ?

So do you guys reckon its an approval, i did notice the word visa, but was thinking its just a word to describe it rather than passport, still not counting my chickens..

Trusted Member
    Good point. Fingers crossed a bit longer then.

firstly i apologise for hijacking this thread, so iv continued back on the adventures of Harry thread, so for the latest take a look there .

Respected Member
    Harry hope it goes well for you. Good luck.
    I'm not sure what the ingredients are for successful application. Understand the need to return but how do they assess that must be some criteria???
    Also how each factor is weighted in their assessment,such as job, savings , property owned, child still in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    Harry hope it goes well for you. Good luck.
    I'm not sure what the ingredients are for successful application. Understand the need to return but how do they assess that must be some criteria???
    Also how each factor is weighted in their assessment,such as job, savings , property owned, child still in the Philippines
    Hi timi, and thanks, you have basically hit the nail on the head there I can help with a few of these, I will base them on a previous application that a friend of mine made, and i sponsored.
    Job yes its a big help if they have a job, proof will be very helpful, but also its important that they have
    permission from the employer to take leave of absence.
    Property again any proof that they own property is a big help to show they have roots in the Philippines, also you need to prove that you yourself own/rent property here.
    Savings; You/They will need to be able to prove that they have sufficient funds to enable them to make the trip, and sustain themselves whilst visiting, even if they have sponsors it would be a big help if the sponsor can also show funds are readily available.
    Child; I would have thought that showing there is a child back in the Philippines also would be favourable for the granting of a visit visa.
    Basically the more reasons that you can give for them to show that they have every reason to return to the Philippines the better the application has of being approved, even previous travel history of travelling abroad is helpful because then it shows they have returned back home previously.

I base some of these answers on a previous application which i sponsored, and was refused, I dont have a copy now of the refusal, but a few points that i do remember were,
    1, Yes she had a job, but they pointed out that she had not got permission from her employer to take the leave required.
    2, They said though we had communicated we did not provide proof that we had met.
    3, The final sentence read something like this; On the balance of probability we do not have sufficient evidence that you will return back to the Philippines, so therefore we refuse your application.

This was for a standard visit visa, and looking at point two i did not realise people needed to have met or know someone in the UK before applying for a standard visit visa. Point one the having a job is a catch 22 thing in that yes its an advantage to have a job, but how many employers will give leave of absence for 3/4/5/6 months ? not many i wouldnt think unless they are family, so be aware of this before you apply, also there is no appeal against these decisions, your only re-course is to apply again.

Respected Member
    Update: My partner had £750 in her account saved over 6 months, including sale of her motorbike etc
    She had payslips, bank statements and my income and property details
    all originals
    Just a warning they KEPT all those documents certified copies maybe should be kept by you if you need them in future, if certifed by surveyor or lawyer/attorney except for bank statements I believe copies may be acceptable

Respected Member
    Sorry, and letters from employer authorising absence, noting her job description, and authorising previous absences, when we had a vacation

Thread Information