Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who wants to hear what Lily Allen has to say about the fire, and her views on the government and how many are dead and who is to blame?

You would have thought they could have got someone who knows what they are on about, or just a person who is helping out in this crisis.

Well, at least she may bring out a new record later on in the year to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    One of the victims is a Philippine national, she hasn't been seen since the fire broke out..........
    There was a Filipino lady on TV 2 days ago saying she was trying to contact her friend "Rose" in the building but no contact.. Perhaps thats the victim they are referring too?

No mate, this lady is called Ligaya...

http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/06/...in-london-fire

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Ligaya Moore - last column, third one from the top. A Filipina baby was rescued btw!

No mate, this lady is called Ligaya...

http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/06/...in-london-fire
    OK..Thanks.

What is up with some people,what a stupid,stupid thing to do,should have really punished him with a far more severe sentence

Judge Tanweer Ikram said: 'The dignity of the dead must always be respected'
    By Stewart Paterson For Mailonline
    Published: 18:46, 16 June 2017 | Updated: 22:43, 16 June 2017

A neighbour who posted pictures on Facebook of a dead victim believed to have leapt to his death from the Grenfell Tower inferno has been jailed for three months.
    Omega Mwaikambo, 43, was hauled before the courts after posting the distressing picture of the body bag and then close ups of the male victim after opening it on Wednesday morning.
    He posted one video and two pictures of the body bag with the man inside and then later five pictures of the victim's face and body after opening it to look inside.
    Today at Westminster Magistrates Court he pleaded guilty to two counts of sending by a public communications network an offending, indecent or obscene matter.

The victim.Mwaikambo photographed is believed to have jumped from a higher floor within Grenfell Tower
    Mwaikambo, who lives just yards away from the tower, had watched the blaze engulf the building throughout the night and had made cups of tea for firefighters as they battled the blaze.
    However later on Wednesday morning he saw a body bag outside his flat and took the photos on his iPad and uploaded them to Facebook.
    Prosecutor Tom Little said: 'He lives very close to Grenfell Tower as the court will be aware for the catastrophic fire on June 14.
    'He uploaded photographs and video of the deceased inside the body bag and then five photographs of the upper body and the face and the blood that had drained from the body.
    Mwaikambo, who lives just yards away from the tower, had watched the blaze engulf the building throughout the night and had made cups of tea for firefighters as they battled the blaze

Mwaikambo was originally arrested near to Latimer Road tube station at around 6pm on Wednesday, June 24, after he posted the distressing images on his Facebook page

'It appears as if that individual might have been someone that jumped from the tower and had not survived and was waiting to be moved to the coroner's mortuary.'
    After his arrest he provided the police with the pin to his iPad and phone and the images were taken down from the web.
    Mr Little said the offences were high culpability because 'even the fact of the death would not have been known to the family' of the victim at this early stage.
    The court heard the victim has yet to be identified and the defendant had been kept in custody for his own safety after his arrest.
    Michelle Denney for the defence said 'It was an unusual case' and Mwaikambo, who has not previous convictions, had been making tea for the firefighters.
    She said: 'He found the deceased person and was shocked by the fact the body was there and felt a sense of shock that the body was there unattended.'

Sentencing District Judge Tanweer Ikram said: 'What you have done by uploading those photos shows absolutely no respect to this poor victim. To show his face as he lies there is beyond words'
    The defendant had tried to find someone to come and help but 'there was not one else in sight' and took the photos to 'show how the victim was being treated' and get someone's attention.
    She said: 'He was not someone that has gone to the scene to look at what's going on in some macabre way.'
    She added her client had witnessed a lot of the terrible things throughout the night, it was an 'error in judgement' to post the images and 'would not have done so had he not witness some of the traumatic events that unfolded'.
    Ms Denney said: 'He accepts he should have taken them down and he accepts posting the images was ill conceived.
    'He apologises to the victim's family any all the other victims for what he has done.'
    Sentencing District Judge Tanweer Ikram said: 'The whole country, if not the whole world, has been shocked by what has taken place in the last few days in relation to the fire at Grenfell Tower.

District Judge Tanweer Ikram jailed.Omega Mwaikambo for three months
    'The horror is not to be underestimated.
    'The dignity of the dead must always be respected.
    'What you have done by uploading those photos shows absolutely no respect to this poor victim. To show his face as he lies there is beyond words.
    'That view is shared in the horror and disgust that is shown by those people that have uploaded messages on your profile.
    'It is an aggravating feature that when people said to you 'This is really sick, just call the police' and 'call the cops rather than post photos', you didn't.
    'You didn't remove the photos.
    'These offences are so serious that a community order or financial penalty would not mark the seriousness of the offence.'
    The judge accepted Mwaikambo had no previous convictions and was remorseful for what he did, but with the events of the fire the case was 'unprecedented'.
    Mwaikambo, of Testerton Walk, was given six weeks for each charge to run consecutively and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £115 and and costs of £85...

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I can understand the curiosity why one may want to peek at the dead body... But not to take photos, let alone put on Facebook. If that popped up on my news feed from one of my friends, let's just say they wouldn't be on my Facebook friends list anymore.

What is up with some people,what a stupid,stupid thing to do,should have really punished him with a far more severe sentence

A neighbour who posted pictures on Facebook of a dead victim believed to have leapt to his death from the Grenfell Tower inferno has been jailed for three months.
    Omega Mwaikambo, 43, was hauled before the courts after posting the distressing picture of the body bag and then close ups of the male victim after opening it on Wednesday morning.
    He posted one video and two pictures of the body bag with the man inside and then later five pictures of the victim's face and body after opening it to look inside.
    Today at Westminster Magistrates Court he pleaded guilty to two counts of sending by a public communications network an offending, indecent or obscene matter.
    He should have been punished because it was a sick thing to do but a custodial sentence? Is he really a danger to the public? Now the taxpayer has to stump up for his 'lodgings'.

It would have been more appropriate to give him Community Service or get him to help clean up the area around Grenfell Tower.

Judge Tanweer Ikram said: 'The dignity of the dead must always be respected'
    It's a pity dignity and respect wasn't shown when they were alive eh Judge Ikram?

Trusted Member
    Obviously Facebook ignore such laws... considering some of the horrific pictures (dead and deformed babies, aborted foetuses, road accident victims, etc) regularly posted by some Filipinos... sorry to say.

I am tired of reporting such highly offensive material to FB, and them coming back with their usual pathetic response, that it doesn't contravene any of their rules.

Unbelievable.

The greasy weasels at Kensington Council has £274 MILLION in RESERVE and not even 1% of that could have been spent on sprinkler systems and the better cladding. Outrageous!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    The greasy weasels at Kensington Council has £274 MILLION in RESERVE and not even 1% of that could have been spent on sprinkler systems and the better cladding. Outrageous!

I appreciate this might be a lie, but then it would be so easy to prove that it was, that it is likely to be true:

http://[/http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...il-claims.html

Sprinklers were not fitted in the Grenfell Tower because residents did not want the disruption of fitting them, council bosses have claimed.

Nick Paget-Brown, the Tory leader of Kensington and Chelsea Council, said there was not a 'collective view' among residents in favour of sprinklers
    For the past 40 plus years I have fitted smoke alarms in all the places I have lived.

I now live on the 7th, top floor, of an apartment block. I fitted 3 alarms within my apartment when I moved in.

Following the fire in Grenfell Tower, I have now fitted an alarm outside my front door in the communal corridor and another on the staircase.

I did not ask the community of owners to do it. I saw the danger so I reacted. If I lived in a council property I would have done the same.

Jamie, it is so easy to jump to blaming others whenever anything goes wrong, but sometimes we should take responsiblty too

Trusted Member
    As usual the whole situation is riddled with ignorance and hypocrisy... and the usual rent a mob rabble are out for blood.

There are some people in this world who are just too stupid to live in anything other than a cave, who think rules and regulations only apply to others, and are the first to claim 'victim' status.

This tragic accident has been used for personal gain and political advantage, as far as I can see... before any real facts are known.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    I appreciate this might be a lie, but then it would be so easy to prove that it was, that it is likely to be true:

http://[/http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...il-claims.html

For the past 40 plus years I have fitted smoke alarms in all the places I have lived.

I now live on the 7th, top floor, of an apartment block. I fitted 3 alarms within my apartment when I moved in.

Following the fire in Grenfell Tower, I have now fitted an alarm outside my front door in the communal corridor and another on the staircase.

I did not ask the community of owners to do it. I saw the danger so I reacted. If I lived in a council property I would have done the same.

Jamie, it is so easy to jump to blaming others whenever anything goes wrong, but sometimes we should take responsiblty too
    Don't shoot the messenger. I've had my run-ins with the council and I can tell you for a fact they treat their tenants with contempt. Safety check of my flat was arranged. I took a day off work and they didn't even come. Not to mention the time they broke into my flat when I was in the Philippines despite them being told I wasn't going to be there. I had arranged an appointment for my return and they just ignored it. Just like they did with my numerous emails of complaint. They changed the locks too so at 11pm after a gruelling flight back, I couldn't get in. Had to get a taxi to the other side of the city to pick up a new set of keys. I could go on.

But my woes were nothing compared to what's happened recently in London though.

Just cam back from a weekend trip in London, and the hotel we was sopping at did have people fro this tower stopping for as long as it takes.
    Now this hotel is not cheap per night but its a big world named and its near where this happened.
    But the press have found out and is outside the hotel and wanting pictures and interviews, plus the people who are housed there are wanting everything, and i mean everything.
    Breakfast , Dinner and tea, plus every tv program thats going , plus they are wanting excess to the swimming pools and saunas .

How does it work with council owned properties with regards to insurance, I know mines up for renewal next month and it's costing me in the region of £700

Trusted Member
    Contents only of course.

The council have their own discounted scheme for tenants, if they wish to avail of it.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Just cam back from a weekend trip in London, and the hotel we was sopping at did have people fro this tower stopping for as long as it takes.
    Now this hotel is not cheap per night but its a big world named and its near where this happened.
    But the press have found out and is outside the hotel and wanting pictures and interviews, plus the people who are housed there are wanting everything, and i mean everything.
    Breakfast , Dinner and tea, plus every tv program thats going , plus they are wanting excess to the swimming pools and saunas .
    The press... and certain politicians are stirring up all of this hatred.

I have stopped watching and listening to the news at the moment. The media are just so sickening. (Haven't read newspapers for years of course. Don't need to pay to read nonsense).

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    How does it work with council owned properties with regards to insurance, I know mines up for renewal next month and it's costing me in the region of £700
    How big is your property

My contents and buildings insurance combined it only come to around £200 for a 3 bedroom property.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    How big is your property

My contents and buildings insurance combined it only come to around £200 for a 3 bedroom property.

Not that big, 4 bed detached. I presume the premium is so high because of the area and rebuild costs

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Not that big, 4 bed detached. I presume the premium is so high because of the area and rebuild costs
    I guess. Seems very high though.

Small wonder the true number of victims of the fire will never be known. Yesterday, SKY News interviewed a Filipina with her face obscured, who, with friends, had been sub-letting a flat. She ran through the usual "I am here to make money for my children back in the Philippines, I can't go to the authorities", etc...etc...etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information