Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Where is everyone?

Ok, I know we all have lives to live and there is always something to watch on TV too, but where has everyone gone to?

I know I said I would leave if Labour got in, but I did not hear anyone else say that, but it feels like some sort of ghost forum just lately, or is it nobody has anything to say anymore
    Well I will keep posting lots of good things on to keep your minds ticking over or to pee you off.
    Never mind I am on holiday soon, that's if I get it all booked before this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Ok, I know we all have lives to live and there is always something to watch on TV too, but where has everyone gone to?

I know I said I would leave if Labour got in, but I did not hear anyone else say that, but it feels like some sort of ghost forum just lately, or is it nobody has anything to say anymore
    Well I will keep posting lots of good things on to keep your minds ticking over or to pee you off.
    Never mind I am on holiday soon, that's if I get it all booked before this Saturday.
    s, Steve!

worries me too! I seem to remember reading you're off on holiday again next week - as am I! So I fear ... ... with BOTH of us being away at the same time, posts on the forum could, conceivably, be few and far between.

Trusted Member
    I'm here in my front room.

Respected Member
    i would seriously consider moving if we have a Corbyn/Mcdonnell government, and that's no joke. I pay a LOT of tax and have no issue, I may be happy paying a bit more too but not for the things they are planning.

I work in a EMEA role for a US tech company and my location is not too relevant, I just need to be near a good international airport (use BHX mostly at the moment, sometimes LHR). I could probably persuade my boss to move me to another country. I'd like to live in Switzerland, I even joked about it with the boss a few weeks ago when we were in Geneva on business. i doubt the HR would let him, but if I threaten to leave it may happen. Otherwise we'd probably move to Dubai or Oman (I met Rose in Dubai, she worked there for 6 years). We have contacts and know the market well so its a serious possibility. Rose isn't so sure about Switzerland due to language, but she loves it more than I do.

Only issue would be selling the current house, we love it here. If Corbyn were in power I expect the housing market would crash, which leads to renting it out. I can't be arsed with all that unless I know the tenants personally etc.

Ah well, hopefully it won't happen.

I too would have moved if Laurel and Hardy got in, as I had mentioned on another thread, but I think people thought I was leaving here.

Thread Information