Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Aching all over

Aching all over

Yesterday Harlene took her mother and our Daughter away to see her Aunt for 5 days,

So after I got up at 4.30am Friday morning for work, I got home at 1.30 pm and set about clearing out my daughters room ready to surprise her and Harlene by decorating it. I finally went to bed at 11pm after giving it a coat of paint. Up at 6am and finally sat down at 4pm after a second coat of paint and one feature wall wallpapered.
    Also some new bedroom furniture assembled.
    Given up for tonight, tomorrow I will put all her clothes and toys back in place.... Then wait until Wednesday to surprise them.

Oh and it's the first time I've ever wallpapered in my life, not a bad job done.... B+ for effort

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Yesterday Harlene took her mother and our Daughter away to see her Aunt for 5 days,

So after I got up at 4.30am Friday morning for work, I got home at 1.30 pm and set about clearing out my daughters room ready to surprise her and Harlene by decorating it. I finally went to bed at 11pm after giving it a coat of paint. Up at 6am and finally sat down at 4pm after a second coat of paint and one feature wall wallpapered.
    Also some new bedroom furniture assembled.
    Given up for tonight, tomorrow I will put all her clothes and toys back in place.... Then wait until Wednesday to surprise them.

Oh and it's the first time I've ever wallpapered in my life, not a bad job done.... B+ for effort
    It's nice to do things like this, but the house has to empty of the wife and kids too. That way you don't have to clear all the mess everyday.
    Well done, and I am sure they will be happy with the result too.

PS. Years ago when I first started on the decorating of the house, and never having done it before, I asked my dad for help as he did the house all the time.

Anyway, we set the day and what time to collect him. All was going well, he hung the first piece then said to me, "it's your turn." I did it and then he said, "take me home now, you can do it", and I had to take him home too.

Thread Information