Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Nicobar and the Andamans....................................Been Never say never
    Oh, and Muslim Mindanao and Karachi......No "perhaps"
    Beirut then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Beirut then?
    Often referred to as the Nice of the Middle East, beautiful city

Never went to Beirut,never had any reason to otherwise I am sure I would have.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    No need for sarcasm, Simon.

2 Weeks time off for a month in the cold but I am going to book 3-4 weeks somewhere hot for next feb,some sort of activity holiday

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

No need for sarcasm, Simon.

No sarcasm at all Jamie, I used to live there just outside Beirut in a place called Baabda.

Actually I was incorrect though, it was referred to as the Paris of the Middle East

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-ea...e-middle-east/

As you were

Sitangkai is referred to as the Venice of the Philippines even though its nothing like venice I never saw loads of badjao in venice

I just want to travel around the world on a magic carpet !!! My DNA ethic origins show I have Polynesian and Melanesian so perhaps a visit to those two areas but such a pity they are so far away

Managed to do 20 different destinations in Europe & Canaries this year as well as Thailand but giving flying a rest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    I just want to travel around the world on a magic carpet !!
    I once sat on a camel blanket spread out on top of a Pakistani bus going up the Hunza valley and pretended I was on a magic flying carpet as the views and scenery were so utterly mind blowing

On the beach in Maui
    Perfect
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 30th October 2017 at 21:03. Reason: Intended to press "QUOTE" - but hit 'Edit' key inadvertently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack32 View Post
    On the beach in Maui
    Perfect
    Maui? ... where's that?

2 Weeks time off for a month in the cold but I am going to book 3-4 weeks somewhere hot for next feb,some sort of activity holiday
    What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi? Keep it clean please!

By the way, have you been down the eastern coast of Panay yet? I know you've been to Guimaras because I've heard you mention it.

I'm thinking of doing a road/island trip between Guimaras and Masbate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Maui? ... where's that?
    Outer Hebrides.

Seriously it's part of Hawaii which is outer my price range at the moment.

No sarcasm at all Jamie, I used to live there just outside Beirut in a place called Baabda.

Actually I was incorrect though, it was referred to as the Paris of the Middle East

https://theculturetrip.com/middle-ea...e-middle-east/

As you were
    I was kidding hence the wink

What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi? Keep it clean please!

By the way, have you been down the eastern coast of Panay yet? I know you've been to Guimaras because I've heard you mention it.

I'm thinking of doing a road/island trip between Guimaras and Masbate.

What activities have you participated in Pinas, Tawi?
    What do you mean mate, what activities? I have done a bit of diving, microlighting and a paramotor flight if that's what you mean. Pinas is geared up for diving but not for the other 2. There's a paramotor guy down in Polomolok but he is so far from anywhere I don't think he did his market research before starting up. More like he got the house in his wife's area then added the paramotoring as an afterthought, not a good idea

There's a paramotor guy down in Polomolok but he is so far from anywhere I don't think he did his market research before starting up. More like he got the house in his wife's area then added the paramotoring as an afterthought, not a good idea
    Common sense might have helped. I remember reading on another forum about a guy who was thinking of opening a business ( a cafe I think) somewhere between the above and Marawi. This was when the conflict was ongoing. His wife was from the area originally but he himself had never been to that part of the Philippines.

What do you mean mate, what activities? I have done a bit of diving, microlighting and a paramotor flight if that's what you mean. Pinas is geared up for diving but not for the other 2.
    Diving with thresher sharks in Malapascua, diving in Blue Hole in Romblon, climbing Mayon volcano, thrill seeking on top of the Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu, Tubbataha Reef, banana boat in Boracay, paintball with the Abu Sayyaf etc. etc.

Diving with thresher sharks in Malapascua, diving in Blue Hole in Romblon, climbing Mayon volcano, thrill seeking on top of the Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu, Tubbataha Reef, banana boat in Boracay, paintball with the Abu Sayyaf etc. etc.
    Climbed Mayon, saw the secondary eruptions back in the early 90s, climbed Kanlaon, Apo etc. Banana boat and the Crown Regency aren't exactly high adrenaline

Climbed Mayon, saw the secondary eruptions back in the early 90s, climbed Kanlaon, Apo etc. Banana boat and the Crown Regency aren't exactly high adrenaline
    I was joking about the last two. Crown Regency is home to Sky Adventure.

You should have been joking about that "sky adventure" as well adrenaline from that??

You should have been joking about that "sky adventure" as well adrenaline from that??
    I wouldn't know - I'm scared of heights

This is more scary for sure. It's in China.

Don't be afraid of the heights, just be afraid of the falls. I would do that plank walk

Not my cup of tea..
    I`m not scared of heights and was climbing ladders and high scaffold for years but doing that stuff for no money is just plain stupid I reckon.. Better to watch it on a good HD Telly IMO.

Saw an excellent BBC documentary about high rock climbing in Venezuela

Now these guys have balls of steel...Ones you can kick hard and badly injure your foot in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Not my cup of tea..
    I`m not scared of heights and was climbing ladders and high scaffold for years but doing that stuff for no money is just plain stupid I reckon.. Better to watch it on a good HD Telly IMO.

Now these guys have balls of steel...Ones you can kick hard and badly injure your foot in the process.

I have his book on climbing, he was into it long before he became a wildlife presenter.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Not my cup of tea..

That looks interesting (the programme I mean).

Apparently there's a mountain in Bhutan that's never been climbed due to the difficulty and with it now being illegal. 7th highest in the world I believe.

A wee bit more exciting than the Regency Hotel "adrenaline rush", eh Tawi?

Copy these guys and that tenner is all yours

In all honesty, I stopped standing on the edges of tall buildings, not because I felt fear, I didn't. I actually enjoyed the sensation, but because I had a horrible compulsion to jump and try to fly

Respected Member
    Except Nice is not so great IMO :-)

In all honesty, I stopped standing on the edges of tall buildings, not because I felt fear, I didn't. I actually enjoyed the sensation, but because I had a horrible compulsion to jump and try to fly
    I've done a few tests Mr Tawi and it seems that you're suffering from basejumping syndrome therefore I've prescribed you a wingsuit.

Available at all good chemists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information