Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Food banks

Food banks

If you read and see the news there are food banks that are being used here in England and who am i to say they dont exists.
    But i do not know anyone who uses them.
    They are in the news again as it has been reported that nurses have to use them and this has cause a right stink, but if they are here and are being used by other people who work well why has it not been mentioned before.
    It is a sad place we live in and there are rich and there are poor living here , but somehow we seem to collect and send so much money to other shores,

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...xl6?li=BBoPWjQ

I put the odd tin in collecting bags but thankfully have never yet needed to ask for help.
    Mick.

Yes they do exist, its just a pity there is a need for them, but there are some in Society that prefer to spend what little money they have on other things, one only needs to look at the various programs on Tv to realise this, My ex stepson is a prime example of this its everybody elses fault for his problems, and issues in his life except his own, its someone elses fault that he fathered 2 kids, and that he no longer has contact with them, its everyone elses fault that he does drugs, blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Yes they do exist, its just a pity there is a need for them, but there are some in Society that prefer to spend what little money they have on other things, one only needs to look at the various programs on Tv to realise this, My ex stepson is a prime example of this its everybody elses fault for his problems, and issues in his life except his own, its someone elses fault that he fathered 2 kids, and that he no longer has contact with them, its everyone elses fault that he does drugs, blah blah blah.
    Its a different world they live in from our world and in such a short time too.
    I am lucky with my kids, but there are family members who blame everyone and everything for how they are, but are not prepared to do a honest days work. but why should they when they get lots on benefits that they are happy with.

Trusted Member
    Surely they are mostly used by fools, criminals and parasites ?

We live in a welfare state. The only excuse for needing to go to a food bank for most, has to be one of the above.

I won't be donating.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Surely they are mostly used by fools, criminals and parasites ?

We live in a welfare state. The only excuse for needing to go to a food bank for most, has to be one of the above.

I won't be donating.
    I agree, good point

I find it a major embarrassment that in a country that boasts to be the 5/6th biggest economy in the world , that they exist at all. Perhaps it's an indication of whats wrong with our system.

Or perhaps too many people want something for nothing, be interesting to see how many visitors to these food banks still buy fags at £10 a pack....

There should be no food banks but shops should sell these foods at a reduced rate, bring back food coupons i say.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Or perhaps too many people want something for nothing, be interesting to see how many visitors to these food banks still buy fags at £10 a pack....
    I agree... and what about the Pit Bulls, cats etc, that a lot of these people supposedly on their arses seem to manage to feed ?
    It's all bloody wrong.

Thread Information