Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your French pad

On right move while we are typing , so many different house designs and like you say prices too,

If your thinking of getting one try for a detached with a couple of acres,i have flown low over a number this week with nice swimming pools,it needn't cost a fortune.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

We plan to move over there in the next 5/6 years time, it was initially going to be PI but it's too far from the 3 x kids and much better climate and way of life....

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    We plan to move over there in the next 5/6 years time, it was initially going to be PI but it's too far from the 3 x kids and much better climate and way of life....
    ... better climate than ours, ! But don't you think the language might prove a barrier? Unless ... ... of course, you're fluent in at least, conversational French.

Language is fairly easy,my French is basic schoolboy but I found myself picking up the odd word,the guy who is my instructor learnt 80% French in 6 months,where theres a will theres a way

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

2 years and maybe lower for our plans , now where is home going to be

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... better climate than ours, ! But don't you think the language might prove a barrier? Unless ... ... of course, you're fluent in at least, conversational French.
    Like anything once you are there it will be easy to pick the language up, plus Emma is very good at speaking French and a good few other languages .

When I said better climate I meant compared to the PI. The wife started french lessons last week and once she has caught up to my level we will continue together. On our many visits to France we found that if you attempt to speak the lingo the locals will help you. We sometimes don't appreciate how talented our wives are at languages, they all speak at least 3, Tagalog, local dialect an English....

When I said better climate I meant compared to the PI. The wife started french lessons last week and once she has caught up to my level we will continue together. On our many visits to France we found that if you attempt to speak the lingo the locals will help you. We sometimes don't appreciate how talented our wives are at languages, they all speak at least 3, Tagalog, local dialect an English....
    When my son in law and daughter brought there place over in France he went out there to build the loft conversion and other things, he learnt more once over there then in the years he was trying to learn it at school.
    Just like boots on the ground stuff.

Grand designs indeed, and all for £

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAND-DESI...4AAOSwRUhY-hkT

Fantastic,the interior is a bit like the one I stayed in last week,all exposed beams and brickwork

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Fantastic,the interior is a bit like the one I stayed in last week,all exposed beams and brickwork
    Not a lot of money, plus look what you could do with the ground floor too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information