Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your French pad

Your French pad

Here is another one on Ebay for sale, well that's if you like France that is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Property-f...sAAOSwB-1YzqKL

Yes that's one I put up previously, pity its a couple of years too early for us otherwise it would be a contender, perfect, a lake a gite and a large apartment above the barn...

That's a bargain,totally,the people I am flying with in a couple of weeks have their farm and airfield,the whole business up for sale for around £350K as the wife sadly has an illness and they are returning to the UK.That French place looks perfect,whats available in the Philippines for a similar price?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Yes that's one I put up previously, pity its a couple of years too early for us otherwise it would be a contender, perfect, a lake a gite and a large apartment above the barn...
    I thought it was but i could not find the other thread.
    Still a great bargain .

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    That's a bargain,totally,the people I am flying with in a couple of weeks have their farm and airfield,the whole business up for sale for around £350K as the wife sadly has an illness and they are returning to the UK.That French place looks perfect,whats available in the Philippines for a similar price?
    Not looked at the Phils for anything around that price at all.
    Its no more the £60,000 and thats dreaming really .

If only you had the cash, fancy having shares or half half or even a third

I've got the cash but my mattress would collapse if I took all the money out.....

I've got the cash but my mattress would collapse if I took all the money out.....
    You could fill the mattress up with horse hair when you are over there.

Good thinking right we're off then, Oh no we can't, still have the youngest daughter in school.....

With me , i have no kids at school, grandkids i can talk over the internet, so what's holding me back.
    I have enough cash, 58 years young .
    I am so close to the target we had set in cash but another 2 years away from the date we had set to leave,
    It's nice to dream and think let's do this, but when it comes down to it , well there is no going back.

Take a chance if you don't you may regret it later....

Sometimes opportunity knocks at your door softly..........

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Take a chance if you don't you may regret it later....
    Emma is holding me to the plan we made in the beginning, i know deep down if push comes to shove we could go, but i dont want any i told you so, plus its got to be a joint decision all the way.

Sometimes opportunity knocks at your door softly..........
    Was that you the other night, then ran off

Another nice looking place , a little more work needed but a good price .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/houses-for...AAAOSwTM5Y5Gnw

And yet another nice looking place, not to much money and a project too.
    Could be a bargain for someone, then again it could be a nightmare too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/French-Pro...gAAOSw4CFY8Qt1

Wonder why they put no pics of the exterior?

Wonder why they put no pics of the exterior?
    I was debating whether to ask a few questions.
    Was it a old church or something, there is a small garden in the old pictures, but i cant get y head around the layout, why does it say you need a internal staircase to get into the garden from the other house.
    It does look nice for the price and the quality is there too.

Some one mentioned what we could get for the equivalent in the Philippines so i was looking.
    It all depends on where you would like to live so i have started around Bohol.
    A shed would cost lots that includes the lot too.
    A new 3 bedroom terraced very small would be around £40,000 on Panglao, and a nice new large house around £100,000.
    I must add i have not got the £100000 and if i did i would not spend that much as i still have to convince Emma its a place where i think i wold like to be.
    So with these prices i am coming around to renting long term.

I would certainly rent until I was happy with the location etc...

Lots,and I mean LOTS of bargains in rural france,i just looked in an estate agents window in Limoges Ok,this last week I have been staying in a fantastic farmhouse,the couple sold their 3 bed semi in Manchester and bought a dream life with the cash,a 65 acre French farm with lots of outbuildings ripe for conversion to gites,they are the only people I know with a 650 metre landing strip in the back garden One old lady in the village has just sold her house to move back to the UK,a really tastefull 3 bed,stuck on the market 18 months ago for 90,000 euros,the market is stale,she has just accepted an offer for 50,000 euros including all of her furniture we took off each morning for an hour's flight tuition,landed at another strip where a few French pilots always made us coffee and had a chat,very laid back place,great people,i met a brit who is renting a few acres for 120 euros a year he grows 600+ kilos of chillies a year and sends them back to a hot chillie sauce manufacturer in the UK,loads of brits out here and loads of cheap land and properties,theres even an aldi in the local village,and a netto

Lots,and I mean LOTS of bargains in rural france,i just looked in an estate agents window in Limoges Ok,this last week I have been staying in a fantastic farmhouse,the couple sold their 3 bed semi in Manchester and bought a dream life with the cash,a 65 acre French farm with lots of outbuildings ripe for conversion to gites,they are the only people I know with a 650 metre landing strip in the back garden One old lady in the village has just sold her house to move back to the UK,a really tastefull 3 bed,stuck on the market 18 months ago for 90,000 euros,the market is stale,she has just accepted an offer for 50,000 euros including all of her furniture we took off each morning for an hour's flight tuition,landed at another strip where a few French pilots always made us coffee and had a chat,very laid back place,great people,i met a brit who is renting a few acres for 120 euros a year he grows 600+ kilos of chillies a year and sends them back to a hot chillie sauce manufacturer in the UK,loads of brits out here and loads of cheap land and properties,theres even an aldi in the local village,and a netto
    Sounds wonderful, so you brought a place for 50,000 euros then.
    How did you get on with the flying.

I am still here,the flying is great,got my log book with another 10 hours in,life is good,theres a one bedroom house in the village for sale for 15,000 euros with a garden,one thing I have been told is always put a cheeky offer in because you just never know

I am still here,the flying is great,got my log book with another 10 hours in,life is good,theres a one bedroom house in the village for sale for 15,000 euros with a garden,one thing I have been told is always put a cheeky offer in because you just never know
    Cheap as chips , and for a bolt hole you cant go wrong at those prices, its always best to go in cheap as once you have made the offer its hard to go cheaper.

Lots of very cheap properties here mate,with gardens,theres an old Scottish guy here got a real nice 2 bed with a bit of land and a nice large garage/outbuilding for 60,000,and I met a couple this morning from Yorkshire who sold up and bought a flooded quarry and house very cheap so he can turn it into a fishing lake.i can see the allure of living here,its UK with better weather,cheaper,and everyone says the French version of the NHS is far better with no waiting

Are there any signs form the locals about Bretix or is it sod that i am living the dream .

The brits here aren't overly concerned about brexit mate,the elections last week were hardly mentioned,its an easy relaxed life and all of the French people I have met have been laid back and great,even went to dinner in a chateau the other evening,small 17 bedroom place its owned by a dutch lady who is friends with my instructor

All sounds very interesting and wonderful too.
    I have never traveled that far down into France , and like you are saying if its a bargain i am after it may be worth the trip.

Limoges airport is tiny,one carousel squeezed in beside the immigration,you can actually reach your hand out and pluck your bag from the carousel as your waiting to show your passport,i did it Lots of brits on the flight taking advantage of the cheap properties down here,the countryside at the moment reminds me of the north of England except the fields are smaller,lots of woodland and fields,i went for a walk along the road earlier,in a 30 minute walk two cars and one tractor passed me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information