Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Davao: Enforcing smoking & liquor ban

Interesting move in Davao City:-

Sara Duterte to enforce smoking, liquor ban in Davao City

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/883103/...-in-davao-city

I must admit many years ago when smoking was permitted everywhere you just got on with life, yes there was times when you thought my god to much smoke, but you had a choice , you got up and went somewhere else.
    But its great going into a restaurant and smelling the food that is being cooked and sitting enjoying the time and not a smell of smoke anywhere.
    But it would not stop me going into a place that say still let people smoke, i can chose not to go just like smokers can chose to go somewhere where they can smoke .

I have read that in May here in the Uk, the cheapest packet of cigarettes will be £8-22 per packet, and packs of 10 will no longer be available, i think the cost factor alone will mean many people have to stop, but it will also encourage the sale of Black Market cigarettes which are available in most Towns & Cities, i am aware of 1 place that its possible to buy a pack of 20 for £3-50, i think its fair to say most of these cigarettes originate from Poland, but more recently Chinese cigarettes have been coming through.

It's cheaper to jump on the ferry drive to brugges have a weekend there enjoying the sites then buy all the fags and tobacco you are wanting for yourself with in reason, then drive back home, just so cheap buying them over the water and a nice break too.

No smoking in Tagum now They used to have a smoking area on the second floor outside balcony in G Mall but now that has been stopped. Just breath the truck and bus black smoke now.

Just breath the truck and bus black smoke now.

Been a few stabbings that I am aware of du to alcohol in the last year near lolas beach,alcohol ban sounds a great idea,and tobacco,and fentanyl mr duterte

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Been a few stabbings that I am aware of due to alcohol in the last year near lolas beach,alcohol ban sounds a great idea,and tobacco,and fentanyl mr duterte
    was, of course, banned in Davao - by daddy - years ago.

Curbs on , however ...

... ... are being enforced by his daughter, who's either a Miss or Ms - not sure which!

Glad you're agreeing with something that family's doing, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    was, of course, banned in Davao - by daddy - years ago.

Curbs on , however ...

... ... are being enforced by his daughter, who's either a Miss or Ms - not sure which?

Glad you're agreeing with something that family's doing, though!
    Sara is married Arthur so I think she is a Mrs.
    Yup public smoking is banned,but alcohol is a bigger menace to pinoys than ciggies,and his own fentanyl addiction has recently surfaced,good job the police didn't take his orders to kill addicts literally

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Sara is married Arthur so I think she is a Mrs.
    Ah ... 's right. Believe I'd heard she was. Perhaps kept her maiden name due to a sense of pride at her father's many, many achievements, eh?

Yup public smoking is banned,but alcohol is a bigger menace to pinoys than ciggies,and his own fentanyl addiction has recently surfaced,good job the police didn't take his orders to kill addicts literally
    Whatever the reason(s) ... alcohol abuse is a scourge that has a much more damaging impact on society everywhere.

What about his fentanyl addiction Arthur?

There's no evidence on that.

This might help you:-
    https://news.vice.com/story/philippi...using-fentanyl

I feel sorry for the local expatriate social bar owners where everyone congregates for a chin wag..They are struggling at present...This thing will kill them off much like what happened to the great British pub.
    The people get what the people want...
    Well..Some of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There's no evidence on that.

This might help you:-
    https://news.vice.com/story/philippi...using-fentanyl
    No evidence apart from his own mouth,vice-news?i read it on the BBC which is a darn sight more credible than vice-news
    Duterte backtracking again?He makes a lot of stories up doesn't he
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38337746

No evidence apart from his own mouth,vice-news?i read it on the BBC which is a darn sight more credible than vice-news
    Duterte backtracking again?He makes a lot of stories up doesn't he
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38337746
    Don't take things like those too personally.
    We all get caught up in so called 'fake-news'. It's a sign of the times.
    BBC is up there with the best (worst)

... 'fraid ... ... not knowing ANYTHING about that (other than hearsay) - nor even what the substance called 'fentanyl' actually is - I'm unable to offer comment.

I don't take it personal he admitted he took them,admitted he was addicted,they made him feel good,many news agencies reported the addiction,now he in typical duterte fashion,maybe after chatting to his advisors,is saying he just made the story up for whatever reason

Fentanyl the drug duterte was addicted to,i just read this....
    The potent opiate behind surging drug overdose deaths across the U.S. is now cropping up in the marijuana supply, according to officials in Ohio.

Hamilton County Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco confirmed Monday that fentanyl, a synthetic opiate roughly 30 to 50 times more powerful than heroin, has been found in marijuana. The deadly chemical is often cut into heroin supplies to increase the potency and even put into knock-off painkillers. The Drug Enforcement Agency recently warned about fentanyl being increasingly cut into cocaine supplies, reports WLWT.

Sammarco did not specify how many cases she has seen involving fentanyl-laced marijuana and the Hamilton County Corners Office has not reported any deaths linked to the combination.

“We have seen fentanyl mixed with cocaine, we have also seen fentanyl mixed with marijuana,” Sammarco said during a joint press conference with Republican Sen. Rob Portman, according to WLWT. “Essentially, the message we’ve tried to get out there, is if you are using any form of street drugs, count on them having some form of synthetic opioid mixed in.”

There are no confirmed cases of fentanyl-laced marijuana deaths anywhere in the country, but law enforcement officials in Ohio, which is suffering from rampant opioid addiction, have issued recent warnings about the risk. Dave Frisone, director of the Lake County Narcotics Agency in Ohio said June 14 they have had several false alarms regarding laced heroin, but say they “are aware that there is a potential.”

“In regard to marijuana, I’m not familiar with that,” Melvin Patterson, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration, told Cincinnati.com Monday, regarding fentanyl and pot. “There could be.”

Fentanyl is infiltrating drug supplies across the country because of how cheap the substance is compared to standard narcotics. While a kilogram of heroin from a Mexican cartel will cost a domestic supplier roughly $64,000, they can order a kilogram of fentanyl through the mail from China for as little as $2,000. It can also be used to create roughly 20 times more doses than heroin, providing dealers with huge profits.

Officials are particularly alarmed by the increasing presence of fentanyl in cocaine supplies. Police note that, unlike heroin, cocaine is more widely used as a social drug.

They fear that users are largely unaware of fentanyl being cut up with cocaine and say it will have deadly consequences. Less than half a teaspoon of pure fentanyl is enough to kill 10 people.

The New York Times recently culled through data from state health departments and county medical examiners and coroners, predicting there were between 59,000 and 65,000 drug deaths in 2016.

Thread Information