Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

A new life in the sun

May 21st 2017 is the day a friend moves to Spain.
    He is going for 1 years trail, he has a place and he has his cards and passes all he needs now is a Spanish bank account but that is being sorted.
    His rent for the new two bedroom two bathroom bungalow is £383 per calendar month, compare this to the £590 he pays here , well the rest can be paid on his other bills.
    He has his worries still but at lease he is giving it a go.
    What he was telling me about different peoples actions to him going now its very close, some members of his family have fallen out with him saying "what about us, we shall never see you again", and that is fro both sides of their families , some say fantastic go for it.
    Myself i just say i am pleased and i will go over to see them too, "a cheap holiday".
    So just a thought here those of you who have gone to the other side of the world, was it hard for you and your family, have you lost most of your old friends and have anyone stuck with you though thick and thin no matter where you are .

To me all that matters is my immediate family and they have always been with me on my travels....

I told them all if they want to visit me they are all welcome, but who would come so far i wonder

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I told them all if they want to visit me they are all welcome, but who would come so far i wonder
    Believe it or not Steve,we have had 6 of our friends and family visit all on separate occasions and more on the way...My Mum come and stayed 4 months..She now wants me to build her a big house here!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Believe it or not Steve,we have had 6 of our friends and family visit all on separate occasions and more on the way...My Mum come and stayed 4 months..She now wants me to build her a big house here!
    My daughters have already said they cannot come every year but i am sure they would all come together for the first visit and to tell the truth i would pay for them to come the first time too, or help them out.
    I would be proud to show of to them places that are truly paradise plus letting them see there dad is ok too.
    When do you think your mum will be over again Fred , i remember you saying she would like a place built for her .

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    My daughters have already said they cannot come every year but i am sure they would all come together for the first visit and to tell the truth i would pay for them to come the first time too, or help them out.
    I would be proud to show of to them places that are truly paradise plus letting them see there dad is ok too.
    When do you think your mum will be over again Fred , i remember you saying she would like a place built for her .
    Hopefully this time next year!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Hopefully this time next year!
    Who knows, its going to late next year i am thinking , once i hit the 59 age which is this November then the next number is 60 and that is the time myself and Emma agreed in the first place that i would be retired.
    But from now till then lots could happen.

Thread Information