Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Transfer of land title

has anyone had dealing with land title transfer
    wife has land , but wants to get the title, how much would he cost be , etc etc etc, all and any info would be helpfull
    especially costs

Quote Originally Posted by spurs View Post
    has anyone had dealing with land title transfer
    wife has land , but wants to get the title, how much would he cost be , etc etc etc, all and any info would be helpfull
    especially costs
    Maybe this will help in some way. It's quite recent, September 2016, and put together by Lamudi Philippines and OMI Land Title Services
    It's called 'How Are Land Titles Transferred in the Philippines?'

http://www.lamudi.com.ph/journal/lan...d-philippines/

We've been involved in the process both as buyers and sellers.
    It's time consuming and without good help and advice can be expensive.

Our experiences were not complicated or difficult but did demand time, focus and effort.

We have experience of it but don't want to relive it, especially having to pay BIR under the table money before they would issue titles....

I did not know about land titles until we had the house built on the land of the family, now i know i dont have a say in anything really , but i can walk away from the house if things turned greedy.

About 6 months if title is clean..Costs vary depending on lot value..We paid about 6K for last E-title.

Respected Member
    land total is 20 x 20 meters 400 square meters . would that be about 6k, its not the cost , it is making sure that they dont overcharge by to much, i know it will be overcharged by some, that i am not worried about. but hate getting over robbed

Can i just add to this and its something for myself too,
    Land titles for the so called Family plot.
    I am told that it is in the dad and mums name , but if one dies there share is past down to the survivor and heirs in equal shares, then if anything happens to the survivor then there share goes to the heirs also. and is this where the problems start i wonder, "we are rich".
    So then you could either all agree to sell it or one could buy it and so on, or have i got this all wrong.

When a family own the title all of them must agree to the sale of it, reason I know is some land we bought was from a family of 15 of whom 5 lived overseas in the Middle East......

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    When a family own the title all of them must agree to the sale of it, reason I know is some land we bought was from a family of 15 of whom 5 lived overseas in the Middle East......
    Thank you, well the family is the family ,

There is an abandoned property next door to us.
    Basically it's falling to rack-and-ruin. Additionally the property tax is not being paid and this has been the case for more than 5 years.

Reason:- One of the family members refuses point blank to sell the property.
    For them it's an ancestral home with too many memories.

Now at some point the local government will want the tax paid. They have the power to sell the property 'as seen' at auction, reclaim the unpaid tax and return the balance to the family members in equal shares.

A friend of mine in Davao City had a properly authorised will leaving property to an executor to dispose of and split the proceeds as written.
    Sadly this was contested and thrown out by a court who adopted tradition Philippine hereditary regulations against the family wishes.....except one.
    I don't know all the ins-and outs and personally I'm not bothered. But the inheritance laws here are not quite what you might imagine.

Its something that may involve me later on in life if we have the family home as our home, even though we have assurances from the family that the house is Emma's and mine,funny no one mentioned the land , but where there is money involved well family rights seem to vanish and i dont want that to happen so best bet is not to spend to much on the property but make it safe and comfortable for us both for how ever long we are there for.

In regards,Estate taxes..When the owner dies the estate taxes (up to 20% of total value) will have to be paid within 6 months before penalties begin to accrue.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    In regards,Estate taxes..When the owner dies the estate taxes (up to 20% of total value) will have to be paid within 6 months before penalties begin to accrue.
    I am sure that the family knows all this as it is all new to me , i shall stay in the back ground amassing more information for when it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I am sure that the family knows all this as it is all new to me , i shall stay in the back ground amassing more information for when it is needed.

Some of them have a rough idea about it Steve but most dont pay it as it`s often a large amount..So as the years go on,the debt amounts..
    Then someone from abroad come`s to the rescue., Usually.
    The Mrs and I took out a death insurance policy as we don`t want to leave the kids with a large debt..
    Another 10 k a month bite`s the dust!

Thread Information