Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Flights from Manila to UK

Any good deals?

Now I've moved from the doorstep of Heathrow airport., more on the doorstep of East Midlands airport now. I'm having trouble trying to find a cheap flight for Harlene's Mum to come for a visit in the next couple of months.

Not even sure any airlines fly into East Midlands from Manila.

Don't really want to drive down to Heathrow, Birmingham could be a possibility. We've seen prices for Heathrow and Birmingham that go from £750-900.. is that the price now? Was hoping to get it for around £500-600

Look at Manchester to manila, fly either Etihad or Cathy, some good deals with Etihad at the moment, but all depends on what time of year.

I was looking mid June and got the flights for £460 but we are going somewhere else now, where i have no idea

Iv been looking for the same Flights ie Manila to Heathrow or Manchester, they all seem to be coming in at around £750 ish.

£452 ok its only for a few weeks but great times an flights too,

Steve yeah there are deals around for here to there, but you take a look at from there to here..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Steve yeah there are deals around for here to there, but you take a look at from there to here..
    Exactly....

Here to there... Cheap as chips...

From Manila to UK, not so cheap.

I think December 2015 I paid £650 for her ticket

I paid £600+ for Emma to come here in July 2010 with Etihad, the best £600+ i have ever had to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Just keep going there Harry its cheaper fights cheaper food and that means more time to enjoy yourself too.

Planning on going to Phils for Xmas this year.When is the best time to buy tickets?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    Planning on going to Phils for Xmas this year.When is the best time to buy tickets?
    Thanks
    Book anytime the earlier the better, but try and leave before the 12th December or there abouts as the prices get a lot dearer the nearer you get to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Book anytime the earlier the better, but try and leave before the 12th December or there abouts as the prices get a lot dearer the nearer you get to Christmas.
    Yes i can vouch for that, my friend flew over on 23rd December for 1 week the best return fare he could get was over £1000 with KLM.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    Thanks
    The best time is when you think thats the best price, once you think that buy it and dont look again.

Have a look on Skyscanner or Kayak then select the whole month. I just did a quick check and 8th Dec till 1st Jan came out at £444 with Air China

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Have a look on Skyscanner or Kayak then select the whole month. I just did a quick check and 8th Dec till 1st Jan came out at £444 with Air China
    Top post Simon. Tried to give you rep points, but it said I need to spread them around.

I looked on Kayak... We had been using Netflights which has for years been my tried and tested methiod for booking flights. But for some reason it's prices have gone up a few hundred pounds on other websites.Skyscanner my wife had been looking at and the prices had been in the £900 mark. Tried Kayak on your suggestion and managed to book flights for Harlene's Mother at the end of this month to come for a 6 month visit. Paid £811 which going by the searches we've made this week, we were going to be hard pressed to find it much cheaper. Although saying that we could have gone with Kuwait and gulf airlines for the £650+ price.... But even though it's my mother in law, I don't mind her that much! Plus some of the layovers were horrendous.
    Eventually we got her on the inbound flight with Cathay and going back with Thai airlines. Only downside is it's from Heathrow. But we booked the flights to arrive and depart at the tome of day so we can drive down and visit friends and family before having to pick her up from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Top post Simon. Tried to give you rep points, but it said I need to spread them around.

I looked on Kayak... We had been using Netflights which has for years been my tried and tested methiod for booking flights. But for some reason it's prices have gone up a few hundred pounds on other websites.Skyscanner my wife had been looking at and the prices had been in the £900 mark. Tried Kayak on your suggestion and managed to book flights for Harlene's Mother at the end of this month to come for a 6 month visit. Paid £811 which going by the searches we've made this week, we were going to be hard pressed to find it much cheaper. Although saying that we could have gone with Kuwait and gulf airlines for the £650+ price.... But even though it's my mother in law, I don't mind her that much! Plus some of the layovers were horrendous.
    Eventually we got her on the inbound flight with Cathay and going back with Thai airlines. Only downside is it's from Heathrow. But we booked the flights to arrive and depart at the tome of day so we can drive down and visit friends and family before having to pick her up from the airport.
    No worries, glad to be of help

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I'm very surprised no one followed up my post a few weeks ago STA had an offer from all airports to Philippines starting at £299 and when I checked they were all middle east airlines and most fares were in the mid £300 price range, I have a feeling it's still an available offer, check out STA Travel website,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I'm very surprised no one followed up my post a few weeks ago STA had an offer from all airports to Philippines starting at £299 and when I checked they were all middle east airlines and most fares were in the mid £300 price range, I have a feeling it's still an available offer, check out STA Travel website,
    Going to Philippines from UK I could find cheap enough.... But it's getting my mother in law here on a flight from Philippines to Heathrow, or any UK airport.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Going to Philippines from UK I could find cheap enough.... But it's getting my mother in law here on a flight from Philippines to Heathrow, or any UK airport.
    Have you tried 'Philippine Island Connections' (PIL) London 02074048877 because they have offices in Philippines, I'm sure they will help

Michael, Slip has already booked the ticket for his MIL...

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Michael has shares in both companies

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Okay ..................... 's as may be. But, *Michael - being the kind, dependable gentleman he is - had, based on his many years' experience of flying to and from the Phils, simply wanted to help a fellow member secure what *he felt offered the BEST deal available and, IMO, deserves credit for this effort on Slip's behalf.

Y'know ... ... just saying!

Thread Information