As most of you know, i have just been over in Phills for the past 3 months, and its fair to say, i covered a fair bit of ground while i was over there, I began in Quezon City for a few days to sort out some business, then it was down to Mindanao for a few weeks namely Valencia City in Bukidnon, then it was back up to Manila to meet a friend over from the UK, who was having his first ever visit to Phills, and he loved it, but it was Christmas week, and to say that week was hectic was an understatement, we went up to Subic, and took in Angeles on the way back to QC, then there was a visit to Taytay, we also did a visit to some Mountain place overlooking QC, i took a day off, while he went with friends to some other resort, i was basically just giving him moral support, or maybe immoral support in Angeles . He absolutely loved being in Phills, but wasnt impressed with the Commonwealth Market, he thought the hygene left a lot to be desired , he is a bit of an extrovert, and loved all the attention he was getting, the one night we were walking around the locality, and came across a group of filipinos celebrating one of the groups Birthday, and they insisted we join them, and have pics taken with us, by the time we left them we were a little unsteady on our feet, having tasted a few shots of Red Horse, i am not a Drinker so it doesnt take much to get me intoxicated Hahaha, to be honest i cannot remember all the places we visited because i didnt really want to be there, physically i was there but mentally i wanted to be in Mindanao, anyways when the time came for him to leave we all went to NAIA where he left for the UK, and i went to Davao, and onto Bukidnon, this was New Years eve, and i got back to La Roxas just in time for the fireworks
Then from the 2nd week in January me and my (Fiancee by then) went on our pre arranged tour to Cebu for the Sinulog, then down to Oslob to see the Whale sharks, before going to Santander, and over to Dumaguete, i Loved Dumaguete such a laid back City, the only disappointment we had was we planned to have 2 days on Siquijor, but due to the weather "Typhoon" the Planes & Boats Ferries were all cancelled so we had to give Siquijor a miss, but its on my to do list , we travelled by Bus up to Bacolod, where we took another ferry over to iloilo City to meet up with my Fiancees Auntie Gina & Stanley her hubby, from there we took a flight over to Palawan, and the first port of call by Motorcycle was Sabang, and The Underground river which we both loved, again Sabang was a little disappointing because the seas were really to rough to have a swim, neither of us are great swimmers , but we did visit some caves, i needed to go back to Puerto to extend my Visa, but on the way back we took in a resort, here i showed my age because when we got there i realised i had left my Glasses behind in Sabang, so i left my Fiancee to enjoy the resort while i rode back to Sabang for my Glasses ( A 3 hour round trip) in the searing Heat of Palawan. Once i had renewed my visa, it was up to El Nido by van and a spot of Island Hopping, my Fiancee to be truthful was a little disappointed with El Nido, maybe our Boat breaking down had something to do with it , then back to Puerto for our last couple of days on Palawan, we decided on my suggestion to go Island Hopping again, this time around Honda Bay rather than a City Tour, we both enjoyed Honda Bay & the Snorkelling much more than El Nido, maybe because the Boat didnt breakdown this time Hahaha.
Then it was time to go back to Mindanao via iloilo, and Cagayan, then by Bus to Bukidnon, and a well earned rest for the last 3 weeks of my stay, where i really relaxed, and met and got to know the family; Ma Ballongay, Janices (my Fiancee) Sister Jennifer, Brother Jessie & his wife, Jessie is just recovering from Cancer, younger Brother Jeffrey & his wife EJ, Kids Ethan, and baby Si, To say there is a Big family is an understatement, including Ma there are 9 of them 3 Aunties, and 6 Uncles, i can remember Uncle Boy, Uncle Iboy, then there is the Uncle who has a Pig Farm, another who is a Jeepney Driver, Auntie Lolly, then there is Grandma who is 84 years young, and she is still as sprightly as a spring chicken, would you believe i actually saw her run for the jeepney YES 84 & she can still run, and still has her toenails painted a truly amazing woman... anyways The Mountain ranges of Bukidnon are great, strolling around the village stopping to chat at the various sari sari stores, taking a close look at the Paddy fields, the Coffee Plantations, not to mention the Sugar Cane fields, and nosing in the Mill which Mills Rice, Coffee, and Corn, meeting with more family, and The Captain everyone made me feel really welcome, of course everyone was curious to know a certain question i always replied you had best ask Janice she is still a little shy with me around the village mostly because the Villagers usually had the same two questions, wedding, and babies Hahaha, the climate is great just like our summer it only gets really Hot when we go down to Maramag or Valencia, anyways thats a brief round up of my 3 months, which i can honestly say exceeded my expectations, and opened my eyes to life in Bukidnon, Yeah the Touring was okay but that was mostly for Janices benefit, as for me I prefer the more sedate lifestyle these days.Thats enough for now, i will continue with Part two another time Hahaha.