Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thumbs up Has Political Correctness Gone Mad?

Insightful, hour~long programme (well, 55 minutes if you deduct time for commercial breaks!!!) Channel 4 at 9 o'clock tonight.

Ok, it's a REPEAT. But ... ... so what? Surely its subject matter's the sort of thing that needs repeated!

for giving such short notice!

Has Political Correctness Gone Mad?Rhetorical question

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Well yes it has in my eyes, but again in others they may think different.

... because BOTH interaction and subtitles were too fast~paced, for my liking, I had difficulty in following this documentary ... and simply couldn't quite figure out which "camp" its presenter belonged to, frankly.

Did not watch it, but i will watch it this weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... simply couldn't quite figure out which "camp" its presenter belonged to, frankly.
    A good presenter is neutral,like a good moderator on a forum impartiality is the key

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    A good presenter is neutral,like a good moderator on a forum impartiality is the key
    I believe that forum mods should be permitted to involve themselves in any discussion and be free to post their views and opinions.
    I would feel unfairly treated if moderators would be considered as only 'monitors' of the forum without any option of involvement in expressing their personal opinion.
    Provided of course that it's done within forum rules.
    Then, in my view that's where moderator impartially must be applied, in upholding and maintaining forum rules and guidelines regardless of personal opinion, friendships or associations etc.
    Personally I see no problems in adhering to that principle.

Maybe terpe,i just remember a time recently when arthur was a little rankled at me,it was commented on by other members,sometimes discretion is best

Who would be a moderator, who can be impartial all the time especially when something is so closed to there heart, it must be very hard I imagine.
    But we all have our own views too.
    It's being fair on all matters and if a moderator has to intervene well they must have all the facts from both sides,
    Again it must be hard as many people on here are classed as friends, well I think we are.

Maybe terpe,i just remember a time recently when arthur was a little rankled at me,it was commented on by other members,sometimes discretion is best
    Discretion, nod nod wink wink know what I mean, tap the nose do you mean that sort of discretion .

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man innit guvnor AKA dont shoot the messenger

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man innit guvnor AKA dont shoot the messenger
    Now who would shoot you, but if there is anyone , can you wait until I get my new look alike gopro so I can try it out by filming this

I started a thread the other day it was called sixth sense.
    I had a feeling that something was a miss .
    But just like the tumble weed rolling down the street there was no replies,
    So it must have been just me, "or is it".
    Anyway life goes on , I wonder what I can talk about on my next post, something really interesting.

55 minutes of what the hell was that about, or have i offended the devil worshiping folk by saying HELL, who knows, my god i have just offended doctor Who supporters now by saying WHO. bloody stupid now i may have offended religious folk by saying GOD, now look what i have done , i may have offended the doctors by saying BLOODY,
    And on and on it can go.

Thread Information