Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

The latest news on the minimum threshold. £18,600

Hot off the press 4 hours and gives some hope to families with children especially..

Analysis

By BBC Home Affairs correspondent, Dominic Casciani

While the couples in this case have won their appeals it's not much of a victory when the Supreme Court has clearly ruled the system is compatible with human rights.

Campaigners say they are delighted. But the government now knows the principle of the policy has been endorsed by the highest court in the land as a legitimate way to control immigration.

So what does that mean in practical terms?

The Home Office will need to make sure that each decision takes into account the rights of children - and whether a couple have other assets - perhaps a home, savings or substantial financial support from family.

That will benefit some of the families - but it also means that in the long run some of the most affected people from poorer Asian communities may still be unable to get permission to bring their husband or wife to Britain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39050664
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hot off the press 4 hours and gives some hope to families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39050664
    Hmm ... well done, John - on spotting this latest *judgement of the Supreme Court -

Shame it didn't go "the whole hog" and overturn the coalition's 2012 ruling. Although ... ... at least its *reviews on the PARAMOUNT importance of child welfare offers fresh hope and encouragement
    to mixed race couples with young families.

Truth be told, ... there must be quite a few members of this forum who'll be forever thankful to've been able to bring our non~European loved ones to the UK prior to the implementation of these draconian Income Rules.

's ...because I for one - even with my occupational and State pensions combined - still fall marginally short of the £18,600 p.a. required ... and there're NO concessions made for folk like me who have already retired.

I am lucky I earn above the figure, and it was our plan to bring Emma here, but if I did not earn enough to have done that, I would have still married her and would have supported her life over there waiting for me to earn enough to move over to be with her.
    Rules are rules and there are loads that we don't like, but before going in and falling in love with someone many miles away and then thinking you can bring them here, well you can't " well just yet you cant"

I was very lucky indeed when in 2002 we decided to relocate to UK from Japan in that I had no job in UK, our 'traditional' Japanese marriage was not accepted by the UK authorities and we had no house to live in other than with my parents.

How things can change...........

Actually I just now thought.......in 2014 we relocated from UK to the Philippines.
    Neither of us had any job and we didn't have a house to live in (in Davao)

We lived in a hotel until we rented our first place.

Hope it doesn't change for all those folks looking to retire here in the Paradise Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Actually I just now thought.......in 2014 we relocated from UK to the Philippines.

Hope it doesn't change for all those folks looking to retire here in the Paradise Islands.
    Well it's funny we have a house ok the family house but the whole top floor is ours, we have savings, we have plans, but the only we we have not got is WE are not ready

Tbh, ... all the time I was corresponding with Myrna, I'd been blissfully unware of the complicated bureaucracy entailed in bringing a foreign partner to my home country. ... moreover, I myself knew next to nothing about the visa system ... let alone the myriad of immigration obstacles [even then] we'd have to surmount on our pathway to togetherness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Tbh, ... all the time I was corresponding with Myrna, I'd been blissfully unware of the complicated bureaucracy entailed in bringing a foreign partner to my home country. ... moreover, I myself knew next to nothing about the visa system ... let alone the myriad of immigration obstacles [even then] we'd have to surmount on our pathway to togetherness.
    I dont think anyone thinks about all the problems and the cost that will happen if you are wanting to bring your partner here to where you call home.
    Its wrong in a way what many of us have been through and all the new folk who will be following us.
    Yes i did have to go through the visa process, first the fiancee visa, then the marriage , then the FLR then the ILR and after that British citizenship.
    Now if i was venturing into all this again i would not bother at my age, the cost and the rewards would not be worth it.
    Like i have said if the right person came along i would support her while she was living there and save very hard so we would be together sooner.
    The new laws i have no idea about them and i am sure the laws and the cost will increase each year.
    But again we are all different in what we are wanting but for all the new people going down this path, think hard its expensive and its a very long process.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Doesn't seem that long ago since you moved Peter time flies!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Doesn't seem that long ago since you moved Peter time flies!
    It's really scary just how fast time does flash past.
    I still have so many places to visit and so many things to do
    I often wish I'd have come earlier

Fair play to you Peter I hope one day Myself and Monera will be able to live in the Philippines . like you so many places we would love to visit.
    If it was not for your help and advice over the last few years I doubt we would be able to dream of that in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    Fair play to you Peter I hope one day Myself and Monera will be able to live in the Philippines . like you so many places we would love to visit.
    If it was not for your help and advice over the last few years I doubt we would be able to dream of that in the near future.
    Kind words Mick thankyou.

Thread Information