Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alternative for Gopro

Has anyone got ant alternatives for the fantastic Gopro,
    Yes thees are amazing but the price is too, there seems to be loads on the market and cheap too,
    I dont mind spending but the Gopro is just out of my price list.
    There seems to be loads and they all look the same too, so are they the same but under a different name .
    Any views and help would be welcome

The GoPro brand was started by a guy with an idea and $5000 usd now he is a multi-millionaire i got the GoPro 5 and its well worth the money but theres a few generic GoPro types on the market and some of the big camera names have brought models out also like nikon,what do you want it for?Just to walk along filming your walk or diving or suchlike?Remember one thing,a lot of the youtube GoPro adrenaline vids have been skilfully edited thats why they look pin sharp and catch your eye.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

GoPro 5 footage,i am actually on a jessops course in 2 weeks time for filming with the GoPro range,and i am looking for a gimbal to smooth my footage out though the 5 has stabilisation
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlDzYIIOYmM
    There are dirt cheap generic GoPro types tesco do one for around 35 quid?Its not going to film in 4k for that price though,maybe 720?As i said if its for a one off or similar the cheaper one will suit,but if you want once in a lifetime footage or your going to film often maybe a GoPro 3 or similar?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thanks Tawi2 .
    Just having a quick look and the SJCAM SJ5000 looks great for the price plus a good review too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    GoPro 5 footage,i am actually on a jessops course in 2 weeks time for filming with the GoPro range,and i am looking for a gimbal to smooth my footage out though the 5 has stabilisation
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlDzYIIOYmM
    There are dirt cheap generic GoPro types tesco do one for around 35 quid?Its not going to film in 4k for that price though,maybe 720?As i said if its for a one off or similar the cheaper one will suit,but if you want once in a lifetime footage or your going to film often maybe a GoPro 3 or similar?
    You are right the videos on youtube look amazing

Just been out to buy a new laptop for storing pics and editing footage while i am away,anyway went into PCWorld they have a generic GoPro its a vivitar for Ł44 i chatted with the guy he said it films in 1080 and is well wroth the money.

Just been out to buy a new laptop for storing pics and editing footage while i am away,anyway went into PCWorld they have a generic GoPro its a vivitar for Ł44 i chatted with the guy he said it films in 1080 and is well wroth the money.
    Cheers , I am on the case

Just looking at the pictures, don't they all look very similar to the go pro.

They do,same sort of casing etc,but as i was once told the chinese have no concept of intelectual property,as long as a few different variations are on the cam compared to the original the vivitar hasnt infringed any copyrights,heres footage from the vivitar......
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzv9D78_Ag4

The more you look the more there is, just been looking at it and a amir jumps up on the screen Ł41.99 from Amazon, looks like I am going to be busy comparing .I must admit the sj5000 looks good but nearly twice the price .

Ł41.99 is a bargain,i looked at the DJI mavik drone earlier

It's like anything , do I really need it.
    But at these prices you just cannot say no for entertainment value.
    Right I wanted coral Photoshop prox9 ,that can wait.
    I am going to get Emma to buy me this from Amazon, be useful for that tandem jump..
    Thanks for all your help.

It's like anything , do I really need it.
    But at these prices you just cannot say no for entertainment value.
    Right I wanted coral Photoshop prox9 ,that can wait.
    I am going to get Emma to buy me this from Amazon, be useful for that tandem jump..
    Thanks for all your help.

The drones look great but you have to be good at coordination, takes me all my time to try to feed myself just using a knife and fork.
    So with a gadget costing hundreds of thousands, I would rather watch.

Need or want,its man toys,if we were in canada it would be skidoos huge dodge trucks 30/30 winchester and suchlike,but we are in sterile england so its action cameras,but Ł40 is cool,its ok to treat yourself once in a while and it always comes in handy,get a hand strap for a fiver from e-bay and you can film your tandem.

Need or want,its man toys,if we were in canada it would be skidoos huge dodge trucks 30/30 winchester and suchlike,but we are in sterile england so its action cameras,but Ł40 is cool,its ok to treat yourself once in a while and it always comes in handy,get a hand strap for a fiver from e-bay and you can film your tandem.
    I have to ask this, the tandem jump.
    I have 1 false tooth upper front, I hate it, but will I have to take it out or is it ok to stay in, plus if it's in it will not blow out coming down will it.

I have to ask this, the tandem jump.
    I have 1 false tooth upper front, I hate it, but will I have to take it out or is it ok to stay in, plus if it's in it will not blow out coming down will it.

Your face is blowing all over as your doing terminal velocity around 124 mph,i never really thought about the tooth mate,I am sure it will be ok,is it on a bridge?Dont hate it,its all part of your individual character,youmcould get an implant but thats Ł2500?

Your face is blowing all over as your doing terminal velocity around 124 mph,i never really thought about the tooth mate,I am sure it will be ok,is it on a bridge?Dont hate it,its all part of your individual character,youmcould get an implant but thats Ł2500?
    It's on a plate,Well if it pops out and lands in the instructors forehead he will be pleased

Went back to PC World earlier to see if they had the DJI mavik or phantom 4 pro in so i could get the salesman to talk me through them,got 2 day long courses in oxford street jessops next week so i will have a chat while i am there as well,anyway i had a look at all of the GoPro generics on the shelves,quite a number,nikon have one out as well the 360 the footage looks superb.

Again I shall look once I get in from work

I got the DJI mavic pro about 3 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Hoping to take it to Cebu when we go. Really easy to fly. Not so easy to get smooth footage whilst flying.

You know the Tech guy in jessops told me that they are thinking of putting together a drone-flying course when I was in there doing the Go-pro course I was in Birmingham last Saturday at an event someone was fling a tiny drone over the crowd.

Newbie (Restricted Access) elocinnew's Avatar
    Amazing footage of the GoPro, but it's really pricey. You can check out Amazon and see which are the bestsellers in sports cameras. I found one before and had really good reviews.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 13th September 2017 at 12:34. Reason: Sorry ... pressed the Edit button - instead of 'Quote' - by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by elocinnew View Post
    Amazing footage of the GoPro, but it's really pricey. You can check out Amazon and see which are the bestsellers in sports cameras. I found one before and had really good reviews.
    ... "Go pro"? Having noticed the name mentioned a few times on here ... ... I've assumed it must be a brand of camera that professional photographers use. Just curious!

Decided to buy a lens instead of an action camera, a friend has bought a gopro and she takes it everywhere, yes it's good but looking at her pictures I know I would rather get a lens.
    A Nikon 300mm f4 I was offered for a silly price with extras so I bought that, I still may buy an action camera one day but for now I am happy with what I have.

Well I'm in cebu now with the DJI mavic pro. Looking into some places I can fly and get some nice footage.

Well i didnt buy a Gopro, but bought a cheaper version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitvision-...72.m2749.l2649

For what we will use it for, and how often we will use it this should be good enough for our needs, it arrived a day or so ago, i checked everything is as it should be, then put it back into its box, Jan can have a play with it when i get there in a week or so,s time.

Here is some filming I did in mountain view cebu with the mavic pro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information