Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Here we go again.

Can you borrow/lend me some money , i need it very urgent before next Thursday and its a large amount too.
    What do i do , do i see Emma before i say yes or no, "of course i do".
    My daughter is buying a house and they need the deposit and solicitors fees this coming week and she does not get paid till the following Saturday, So dads to the rescue.
    I shall pay you back half straight away like Saturday and the rest will be paid in 5 weeks, we are not talking of a few quid but a lot of cash , so its not going to be a gift, plus i have told her its not part of her inheritance either so i want it all back.
    You see that is the difference i know i shall get it all back and she has gave me the time slots too.
    Depending how my heart is i may say keep a little back as a moving in gift, but then again my head may say nothing.
    Now the next problem is where to get it from with out losing the 50p interest i get.

Its your daughter,your flesh and blood,not some distant non-blood relative in the philippines who just wants to milk you because your white and a soft touch,this is your kid besides you might want to stop in her spare room one night if you have a disagreement with the missus,play the long game,give her the cash,its only pieces of paper

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Yes I agree, blood is thicker than water, the times I put gas in my daughters car but never get it back, I know its not a huge amount like you are talking about but the principle is the same....

Yes you are right, but with many many thousands, i am wanting it all for my living and my plans for my future, and yes if there is anything left once i am gone and i am sure there will be, they can have it.
    Its always good when they say here you are dad, thats the money i borrowed from you, and yes there are times when i say "no keep it".
    I shall wait and see what happens.

Yes it's nice when you are in a position not to need the money owed....

Trusted Member
    I haven't got any money, so no worries it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Yes it's nice when you are in a position not to need the money owed....
    All depends on what is borrowed in the first place,
    Having had very little in my life and having worked for all i have, except for £290 i was left from my Mum, you see things i a different light.
    I am lucky too with my kids well except he cant save at all, the others are little savers too.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I recon you just have enough for what you are wanting but like many a little more would be helpful

My old man died just before christmas,didnt leave me a bean,never gave me anything during my childhood either so if i had a daughter she would be spoilt rotten,I spoil my son and put him before myself,its good to be able to help your kids

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My old man died just before christmas,didnt leave me a bean,never gave me anything during my childhood either so if i had a daughter she would be spoilt rotten,I spoil my son and put him before myself,its good to be able to help your kids
    I was so young when my daughter was born , me and her mum was just kids ourselves and we had no idea, but we managed and a yea later another daughter was born then 9 years after that our last daughter was born.
    I would not say they was spoiled by me , dont get me wrong they did never go with out , we had holidays and life was good,but there grandma did spoil them .
    Now my grand kids are spoilt rotten by there grandmas who buy them everything and more, but again me sensible Steve just puts money in there banks and show them how to build fences and do the garden,you never know it may come in useful later on in life

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    sensible Steve just..........show them how to build fences and do the garden,you never know it may come in useful later on in life
    Exactly,thats why i let my kid skydive,paramotor and last year he did a shark dive and shot an AK47........because it may come in useful in later life

Quote Originally Posted by tawi2 View Post
    exactly,thats why i let my kid skydive,paramotor and last year he did a shark dive and shot an ak47........because it may come in useful in later life
    wow.

He is skydiving next month,i will take some pics

He is skydiving next month,i will take some pics
    Pleas do, do you go to the same place all the time for skydiving

Yes mate,theres only really one decent firm in thailand,the guy who photographed him last time died in a parachute accident last year sadly

Have you or you son ever done skydiving here i England and if so where may i ask .

I have done it in a number of different places steve,i got my A licence years ago,you doing a jump?

If i can convince Emma yes we are , the tandem one sounds best , but there is one where you jump by yourself but at a lower height and the shoot opens as soon as you leave the plane.

Yes mate,static line,go onto the BPA website,its a great place to get started,but i think your best going for a tandem.

Yes since we spoke about this last time i have been looking, there are lots around but there is one near Whitchuch , and on a good day you can see Snowdon and the surrounding area, that would be amazing if your eyes are open

Skyfall

I'm the same, left nothing by my folks but want to give my kid the earth...

My kid always says he will make my life comfortable when he graduates and is a doctor,i always say to him "Hurry the f*** up then"

Interesting thread this..
    There is no right and no wrong..Just different perspectives because of different life experiences..
    What works well for one family may not work for another.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Interesting thread this..
    There is no right and no wrong..Just different perspectives because of different life experiences..
    What works well for one family may not work for another.
    We are who we are , tight gits to a few , generous to others, me i am just careful

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    If i can convince Emma yes we are , the tandem one sounds best , but there is one where you jump by yourself but at a lower height and the shoot opens as soon as you leave the plane.
    if ever your in pattaya go along and do the zipline in jomtien,56'th floor of the tower,they even gave me a glass of orange juice before I did it earlier today,and I still had time to catch a few fish up to 20'kg in jomtien fishing lake

...... I still had time to catch a few fish up to 20'kg in jomtien fishing lake
    I want to do that...........

20kg is small,my biggest is 74kg from the famous bungsamlan which sadly closes next week.i am fishing in palm tree lagoon in a few weeks HUGE fish in there 220kg+ john Wilson retired to Thailand he fishes there regularly,i am feeling lucky.
    http://www.fishing-khaolak.com/fresh...ee_lagoon.html

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Same here

Well what a nice thing has happened .
    All monies lent, is back and safe and sound sitting in my bank.
    Thats how it should be done always and then they can always ask again.
    There may be the odd one or two who thinks i should have given them the cash and yes if i did not want it in my great big plan of finishing work 6 years early i may have considered that, plus with my daughter driving a brand new Volvo car and going to Egypt for a 2 week break and just booked another holiday for next May , i am thinking she has more money then me.

Thread Information