Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

The Real Marigold Hotel

A new series has just started and a new bunch of old celebrities are trying to live in Kochi India.
    I do enjoy these programs and ok its for tv but you do see another part of the world that you may have never heard off.
    The boat trip alone along the waterways is worth watching this program.
    Again the stars of the show are the real people who live there and not the so called celebrities , just my thought maybe.

I didnt watch the program but i have been to cochin,even did the backwater trip,you should go if you ever get the chance,india is an assault on the senses,very colourful country.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I watched the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"
    Fully enjoyed it all the way through. With an excellent cast of actors and filming based in Rajasthan and featuring Jaipur and Udaipur.
    I was lucky enough to spend in both Jaipur and Udaipur which are both beautiful and historic cities. Fabulous places to visit.

There's also a sequel called "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which I now recall I haven't seen. Must get hold of that and give it watch.

I loved rajasthan Terpe,the best places for me were jaisalmer and the rat temple at bikaner,i had to go in barefoot and rats were trying to nibble my toes if i stood still for too long i with an Austrian girlfriend and she refused to enter

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I loved rajasthan Terpe,the best places for me were jaisalmer and the rat temple at bikaner,i had to go in barefoot and rats were trying to nibble my toes if i stood still for too long i with an Austrian girlfriend and she refused to enter
    To be honest I loved every minute I spent in India.
    I lived for quite a long time in a place called Jamshedpur but travelled all over.

Yes,i was in srinagar mainly,but i did come down way south and travelled extensively,even did a touristy trip on the taj express train from Delhi-agra with noce breakfast and stuff to wander around the taj,happy times,i remember going to varanasi to the funeral ghats to try and see the agouri sadhu who eat human flesh,the country defies description as its like all your visual/olfactory/audio senses are being assaulted every corner you turn.

.....even did a touristy trip on the taj express train from Delhi-agra
    I did exactly the same trip from Delhi. Had a great journey on that train with nice folks who shared their fruits and laughs.
    When I arrived in Agra I did the Taj Mahal tour alone took the usual photos then spent most of the day eating ice cream in hotels and roaming about.
    The very day I went it was around 46C and far too hot to do much else. Plenty of ice cold Kingfisher beer before heading back to Delhi.

i remember going to varanasi to the funeral ghats
    I visited Varanasi many times. Whenever I was in Lucknow for any length of time I'd always get to Varanasi for a couple of days. It was about a day's train ride.
    Used to make a point to take photo's at Kedar Ghat.
    A couple of times I walked for a good 2 hours in the summer heat but just couldn't find any end to all those Ghats.

I took some photo's at one place where there were a good half dozen fires burning bodies. Bit gruesome to be honest. Not something I wanted to experience seeing body parts fall out of the fire and being poked back in by a some ugly chap with a big pole.

Historic place. Bit of a S***h**e to be honest hehehe

Varanasi has changed its name since,its now called benares?I remember one of the guys at the ghats told me the last things to burn were the feet I never ate ice cream or anything at the taj but i did see a wild mongoose that day which i thought was really something did you ever get up to kashmir or ladakh or visit the golden temple over in amritsar which i always thought was ten times better than the taj.

Thread Information